Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to the county airport this evening and snapped some shots of this B-17 landing.
I only live couple miles away.Plane has been here all week for tours and rides.I was on it a few years ago but the price of a flight is $425 so,as much as I wanted,I had to pass .
Heard plane take off so I zipped down to airport to get some shots of it coming in.

First few shots of flyover before turning and landing.

·
Aviation Section
25,981 Posts
Neat! Thanks for that! Dave

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,502 Posts
awsome ..... if you EVER get a chance to go for a ride in an old war bird DO IT !!! ... i have been in a b17 , and a mustang .....

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Beautiful pictures and plane! Thanks! Wonder why the 2 inboard engines seem to be smoking the underside more than the outside engines? Any ideas?

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Now imagine 1000 of those.

·
AVAST
1,350 Posts
Great shots, the air museum in Palm Springs out here has old veteran pilots volunteering during the weeks that you can talk too. One was a major and had photos of him in his b17 life raft shot down in the ocean. The other guy I talked too was tiny 5"1' or so and said he ran over. 25 documented combat missions as the ball gunner in one. Left me speechless if you see how sketchy sitting in that bottom turret is

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That plane is kool! Some of the crew signed the inside of the bomb bay doors with names and dates. Kinda chokes you up!

·
Registered
28,611 Posts
Super duper pics !! I got to crawl through that beast a couple years ago. Erie experience but nonetheless it was awesome !!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,632 Posts
THANKS FOR SHARING.....THAT BELLY TOURET WOULD BE A LITTLE SCARY FOR A TEENAGER BACK IN THE DAY

·
Who Farted...?!?!
3,485 Posts
very cool man!!! thanks for the bad ass pics!!!

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Awesome piece of history right there!:cool:

I'm just wondering how the plane in your pics was even flying!!! Not one Prop is turning!!!!!!!!!:smt102:smt102:smt102:p:p:p

Great photography by the way;)

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Very Cool!

I got a chance to fly wing to wing with a B-17. I was in a P-51 Mustang piloted by Chuck Yeager. What a ride that was!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts