Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was returning from the race in Indy today, and almost home when I was running low on Diesel. I have a 50 ft fifth wheel trailer so getting into stations is not always possible if it is not a truck stop. Got off 275 at 8 mile in Novi. I needed to drop the trailer in the Meijer parking lot to fuel. After unhooking and before starting for the station ( maybe 150 ft away) an Empty tractor pulled up behind my Rig. I made sure to make eye contact with him as I went by and never took my eyes of of him. Sure enough as soon as I went back and started to hook up he pulled out and left.

·
having fun
31,417 Posts
Was returning from the race in Indy today, and almost home when I was running low on Diesel. I have a 50 ft fifth wheel trailer so getting into stations is not always possible if it is not a truck stop. Got off 275 at 8 mile in Novi. I needed to drop the trailer in the Meijer parking lot to fuel. After unhooking and before starting for the station ( maybe 150 ft away) an Empty tractor pulled up behind my Rig. I made sure to make eye contact with him as I went by and never took my eyes of of him. Sure enough as soon as I went back and started to hook up he pulled out and left.
SAID RIGS TAG NUMBER?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Could not find one on it. Was a plane White tractor with no company name or anything on it. White male 35 to 40 with black hair.

·
Ice Cream Wolfpack
18,500 Posts
Probably Jim Geese, Jeff Lutz, Len freeman, or Spiro Pappas.

Thieving bastards.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No Did not see him until I was in the lot. This was about 11:30 am very heavy traffic on 8 mile and getting into the lot. If he was behind me he was a few cars back and I did not notice him on the road. That does not mean he was not following me for a little while, I was very tired and just trying to get home.

·
Trolling the Trolls
15,579 Posts
Plan your fuel stops better, like filling up at a TA or Pilot.

Extra $10 to not have to drop, fill, and hook is worth it.

What did you save, .20 a gallon?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plan your fuel stops better, like filling up at a TA or Pilot.

Extra $10 to not have to drop, fill, and hook is worth it.

What did you save, .20 a gallon?
Good point. I try to however, I missed the Love's truck stop on 94 and my truck ( F350 SBD ) only has a 24 gallon tank and at 10 MPG truck stops are not always were I can use them. It was not a cost saving issue by any means.

Usually carry 10 gallons in cans for this issue, but in my infinite wisdom I emptied them and put them away for the year last week since I had only needed them 1 time this year.

Have been looking a adding a bed tank, think this just moved that up to the winter project list.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
white tractor as in semi? what kind? frieghtliner? kw?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Easy guys. I know if i was thieving trailers, i probably wouldnt pull up when the guy hasnt even left yet!
Hopefully you are correct, but with all the issues I have seen on here better safe than sorry. I was not taking my eyes off of the trailer no matter what.

After thinking about it, it did look like a yard truck. No markings, strip cab ect. maybe Meijer is having issues with truckers leaving trailers in there lot and they are pulling them ???? however when he left it pulled out on the road.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
white tractor as in semi? what kind? frieghtliner? kw?
Did not notice the make, Looked like the smaller cab GMC? Like the 18 wheelers we see around Metro Detroit moving auto freight around town. No air foils, sleeper, just a cab, not an over the road tractor.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was valet parking, he was going to move it to a more convenient spot for you to pick it up. yeah, thats it!
LOL Ya that was it I must of missed the dude in the bow tie and vest.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

You should of made fist to nose contact instead of eye contact!!!

·
draggin' ass
13,418 Posts
What makes you think he was not just looking out of curiosity at your ride and wanted to steal it? I dont doubt devious intentions by the truck driver, I just would like to know what peaked your suspicion.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts