Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read all the avgas threads i could find here, lots of informative posts from yeti�� i live in the sticks, very tough to get racefuel but have been using avgas for a decade since airport is on way home from work. Its handled my gen4 5.3 to 26lbs on conservative timing and low charge temps. Laborday wknd(dragboat) coming up so im giving the plugs what theyre asking for, push timing some. Want alil more detonation protection so im not being towed back to a ramp��

Ordered 2 32oz cans of the torco accelerator racegas concentrate but im clueless as to what mix ratio to use to end up with at least 110. I run shell avgas that i was told tests @105octane. Anybody have any experience with the torco in avgas? Yeti's post eludes to the mmt mixing with the tel lead in the avgas different than it would for pumpgas.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I am bumping this as I would like to know as well. Currently mixing 4oz to 5 Gallons of Phillips 100LL.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I believe Mark Whitener, jmarkaudio, would be a good source of experience if you can talk to him. He is a member here and has his own forum He uses 100LL and an MMT additive for very high compression on his SB2 SBC dragster. MMT and 100LL like each other more than you would expect. I use straight 100LL on my 582 bracket race engine. Does Torco Accelerator have MMT in it?

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It didn't work out well, lost cyl 8 . 26lbs @11* was fine and had plugs begging for alot more, [email protected]* got the piston. Prob shouldve called it good at 12.2* but a plug pull at that wanted more, i was outta map sensor to add more boost sooooo😜 i think lower timing and more boost wouodve worked. 5.3 sbe that held up for 2yrs and me learning to tune efi. Building a 3.898 bore iron ls1 with summit pro ls stuff Mike Lough balanced to a 6.0 crank for me.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I mixed at torco recommendation , 1/2 can per 5gallons. It turned everything a slight orange as expected. How much mmt that is to the avgas im not sure. Iffy info on how much mmt is in thw torco

1 - 7 of 7 Posts