Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent most of my time this weekend trying to install a Autometer playback tach in place of a digital rpm digital shift light. I'm getting power but the tach reads 6-700 lower. The signal wire is connected to the white wire pin #10 in the pcm. There's not a 4cyl switch or any wires looped in the back to cut. It has a black, red, white, green, blue and gray wire. I left the blue and gray unhooked.
Any suggestions? Thanks!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This may help! I've searched all over the internet this weekend and never came across these instructions.

My wiring looks correct except I am leaving the blue wire disconnected. I will try changing the "pluse per revolution" when I get home tonight. I've read somewhere the aftermarket tachs need to be set to 4cyl.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I have a playback in mine, you definitely have to set the PPR to 4. A year ago or so it sat without a battery in it for a while and the tach went back to default, had to pull over and change it once I figured out what was going on.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I just tried following the instructions from the links provided but I must have a different model tach. It says to start by hitting the "enter" button which I don't have...

So I tried hitting different buttons to find "ppr" and nothing. Here's a pic of my style tach.

The only options I could get to pull up are pln3, plp3, prn3, selh and sell.

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just called autometer and they sent me a manual for an older style tach. Hopefully this works...

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts