Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
a glide and a bruno will be your best friend Darrell!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
lol, it'd be a good way to tune a glide now wouldn't it? Like a lenco without being a planet-drive setup. "Technically" it's still an automatic........ just has a tuneable clutch/converter. It should be legal if it could be made to work right...am I correct?

·
Registered
788 Posts
this is just my personal opinion, so no bashing. But I think pro mod would be a good addition to ORSCA. At the same time I tihnk it will take the 10.5 class almost completely out. Which might all work out to be a good thing and to help seperation of the classes. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
347 Posts
From what I understand the rules will be door cars and any converter driven trans! Thats it!

so it has to be a "converter"? I'd like to see the rules on the class. As long as it's a converter driven trans there's nothing stating that a converter has to drive it right? A play on the rules already huh?

·
Registered
347 Posts
this is just my personal opinion, so no bashing. But I think pro mod would be a good addition to ORSCA. At the same time I tihnk it will take the 10.5 class almost completely out. Which might all work out to be a good thing and to help seperation of the classes. Just my 2 cents
I think promod would be great too but I think there would still be a lot of the 10.5 cars as well. Some of the older promod cars simply can't make the cut for a 4.0 bump if thats where it goes. The 10.5 class is a sort of equalizer for the lower hp cars to still be able to be competitive in a class designed for just that type of car. The faster promods(Scruggs, Pilcher, etc) would still be on the top of the food chain in the big tire classes as well. It'd be worth a try anyway. I wonder how many would be willing to change to an automatic though. Most are so heavy into the lenco's and such that it may turn them away.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
There are an awful lot of new and old Pro Mods down here around ORSCA's sandbox. I think if the rules were right, they'd get a hell of a turnout. If you look at Plemmons' Quick 8 deal and some others, they get a great turnout and those guys love to get out there and race.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts