Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone make knock offs of the centerline auto drag solid wheels? Looking for a 15x6 and 15x12 in that style that I can powdercoat black.

·
draggin' ass
13,392 Posts
I see the real ones for sale all the time and mostly dirt cheap, are you having a hard time finding them?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep can't seem to find them locally. Not sure if they made a 15x6 or not. I don't love the look of extra skinnies on a street car, so if I can get 205 wide tires up front, 325 or 345 in the back on those drag wheels, it'll give me a slightly different look

·
Deplorable Basketcase
8,809 Posts
Ultra Racing Wheel used to make a nice looking solid polished wheel..had a set on a 4x4 Square body that held up well.
I know they at least used to sell them for cars,you'd have to see about sizes.

·
Registered
639 Posts
American Racing Wheel has one that looks much like a Centerline Auto/Drag, called the Outlaw 1.
Cast `1-piece wheel with fake rivets, not a spun 2-piece like the Centerlines, and a good bit heavier than Centerlines too.

You're not going to find any of the look-alikes in a 12" width.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
205’s work on a 7” wheel, that’s what I run. They look good too, all I have I Centerlines since the beginning of time, lol.
I was told the 7in wheels won't work with my front setup. Which doesn't make sense because if a 205 tire fits it shouldn't matter what wheel (within reason). I want a tucked look, I have aerospace brakes which pulls the wheel in 3/4" and 2"drop spindles with coilovers

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
when i had my camaro and centerline was still in business, they made me a set of 15x12 with a 7-1/4" BS with 5 on 4-3/4 bolt pattern. I had to pay them up front. I found a second set on racing junk for cheap for street tires. Gave them a lite acid wash and they looked like new.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm not really sure what backspacing I'm going to need. I have a standard length 4 lug 8.8 rear end right now that I'm going to bolt up and see how much room I have for wheel/tire. Then I'm going to chop the rear and upgrade to the 5 lug (probably 5 x 4.5), swap to disk brakes and then see where my backspacing needs to be. I'd like to have the wheels tucked under the fender and the widest fuckin meat I can stick under there, minimum 325 wide

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
when i had my camaro and centerline was still in business, they made me a set of 15x12 with a 7-1/4" BS with 5 on 4-3/4 bolt pattern. I had to pay them up front. I found a second set on racing junk for cheap for street tires. Gave them a lite acid wash and they looked like new.
They started making autodrags and convo-pros again recently. But last time I looked they only go up to a 10 wide, and dont have the offsets they used to have, especially if you want more backspace aka positive offset, which is what the newer cars need at the front. They also had a machined lip near the rivets, which the originals didnt have. Im not sure if they fixed this.. people were complaining about it.

( I wanted autodrags on the ford in my avatar but the correct offset for the front doesnt exist, and I couldnt be bothered trying to find secondhand, weld had the exact offsets I needed which fitted like factory wheels. )

This is current apparently, these are the sizes available in new centerlines...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts