Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1968 Camaro Z28, 1933 Chevy Coupe, 2004 Silverado Z71, 1946 Chevy PU, 2000 Custom Harley Davidson
50,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,... anyone have an idea of what an average, fair price would be to have a running car shipped from Minnesota to Rhode Island. How about Michigan to Rhode Island.

This would not have to be enclosed, wouldn't care if it was on an open carrier.

Looking at a couple of cars, and could get a free shipping quote if I give my name, phone number, email address,....not interested in giving all that out for just a quote on shipping seeing that I haven't even made any offers on these vehicles yet.

Just want a round about cost to keep in my head, so if I do make an offer on either of these vehicles I can figure in the cost of shipping.

I've had some cars shipped before, but it's been a while, one all the way from Cali. But I know prices vary, so can't go by that cost and just subtract per miles.

Might even consider going to pick one up myself.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1968 Camaro Z28, 1933 Chevy Coupe, 2004 Silverado Z71, 1946 Chevy PU, 2000 Custom Harley Davidson
50,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or do you know of any websites with free shipping cost calculators that don't need personal info?

·
Premium Member
49,668 Posts
I got 3 for you and 1 of them is a member here.

Try "carhauler14", he offered to haul cars for be in the past.

OnLine - http://onlineautoconnection.com/

Cars Arrive - 602-708-9545

·
Registered
20,692 Posts
I am going to say $800, maybe more, maybe less, but a good middle of the road cost.
Some Cos use contractors, some do their own hauling-the drivers that are contractors
will sometimes bargain-like anything its hit and miss, lol

·
Super Moderator
50,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

·
FUCKING ASSHOLE SINCE '61
7,351 Posts
Hey,... anyone have an idea of what an average, fair price would be to have a running car shipped from Minnesota to Rhode Island. How about Michigan to Rhode Island.

This would not have to be enclosed, wouldn't care if it was on an open carrier.

Looking at a couple of cars, and could get a free shipping quote if I give my name, phone number, email address,....not interested in giving all that out for just a quote on shipping seeing that I haven't even made any offers on these vehicles yet.

Just want a round about cost to keep in my head, so if I do make an offer on either of these vehicles I can figure in the cost of shipping.

I've had some cars shipped before, but it's been a while, one all the way from Cali. But I know prices vary, so can't go by that cost and just subtract per miles.

Might even consider going to pick one up myself.

Thanks.
Can It be driven?
Where in MN?
Give me a call if you wish.

I live about 15 minutes from the
airport and the Mall of America.

You know you have a base to work from if you come here...
952-212-1118

Your Pal, Gary

·
Super Moderator
50,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can It be driven?
Where in MN?
Give me a call if you wish.

I live about 15 minutes from the
airport and the Mall of America.

You know you have a base to work from if you come here...
952-212-1118

Your Pal, Gary
Yes it drives,...Ellingson Motor Cars in Rogers MN. I'm just looking, contemplating my next vehicle, and how much it will cost.

Thanks for the offer, Gary. ;)

·
Super Moderator
50,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The other is in Cadillac Michigan. Place called Classic Car Deals.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I've used intercity lines with great success in the past for enclosed transport. I got a couple quotes just a few weeks ago and it seemed to be around a dollar a mile one way, but they were west coast to east coast ships.

·
Super Moderator
50,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've used intercity lines with great success in the past for enclosed transport. I got a couple quotes just a few weeks ago and it seemed to be around a dollar a mile one way, but they were west coast to east coast ships.
I had a 69 Impala shipped form California to RI for 2k,....it was almost 3000 miles,....but that was about 6 years ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.