Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the pros and cons to each? Also, any brand better than others? I'd like to get an all-in-one package(with bracket, solenoid, controller, etc.).

10 sec bracket car, powerglide, hurst pistol grip quarter stick.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Hell, i would just like to know how to set the damn things up.

Ive got an air powered deal that i cant figure the hell out.
I run a B&M Pro Ratchet

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
What are the pros and cons to each? Also, any brand better than others? I'd like to get an all-in-one package(with bracket, solenoid, controller, etc.).

10 sec bracket car, powerglide, hurst pistol grip quarter stick.
Shiftnoid units work very well. http://www.shiftnoid.com/

Have installed many and use one myself. Not sure how their electronics are now. Used to be questionable. Depending on what ignition box you have you can fire it with your box (rpm switch or shift light signal wire)and not have to add in their rpm switches.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Electric, I've had one in my car now for 4 years. Has worked flawlessly. Simple too.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shiftnoid units work very well. http://www.shiftnoid.com/

Have installed many and use one myself. Not sure how their electronics are now. Used to be questionable. Depending on what ignition box you have you can fire it with your box (rpm switch or shift light signal wire)and not have to add in their rpm switches.
MSD 6AL. If you run it through the shift light wire, does it disable the shift light, or can you run both? If I buy a kit, that comes with a controller and connect it to the shift light signal wire, will the controller have a place to put an MSD chip? If not, how would the controller know when to shift, if it's wired in before the shift light and the shift light is what has the chip in it? I assume they are all standard, MSD-compatible electronics?

·
Registered
384 Posts
MSD 6AL. If you run it through the shift light wire, does it disable the shift light, or can you run both? If I buy a kit, that comes with a controller and connect it to the shift light signal wire, will the controller have a place to put an MSD chip? If not, how would the controller know when to shift, if it's wired in before the shift light and the shift light is what has the chip in it? I assume they are all standard, MSD-compatible electronics?
Not sure what type of controller you are refering to but I trigger my electric shifter with a rpm activated switch which has a rpm chip plug in. The newer MSD is switches are adjusted by a dial.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure what type of controller you are refering to but I trigger my electric shifter with a rpm activated switch which has a rpm chip plug in. The newer MSD is switches are adjusted by a dial.
I figured there was some sort of controller that came with them - but I see it's just an RPM switch and a relay.

Does the RPM switch connect to the shift light wire?

·
BigDad T-shirts available
7,455 Posts
I had a PPP air, shifter was flat awesome but, it did use air and you HAD to keep up on it ..

I think both have possible flaws ..

It is a coin toss, air you have to bring a bottle with ..electric bring fuses !

They will always fuck up at the wrong time !

·
Registered
374 Posts
i got a eletctric one,its just wired up to the shift lighton the tach

1 - 20 of 64 Posts