Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any body know how to check a 3 wire autometer rear drive shaft sensor,and also i kick the magnets off the ujoints, has anybody relace the magnets with something other than theres,can not get intouch with doug with the data acquistion dept,their service dept sucks!!:smt102

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Racepak makes collars with magnets and will make you a custom one if you have something odd.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
any body know how to check a 3 wire autometer rear drive shaft sensor,and also i kick the magnets off the ujoints, has anybody relace the magnets with something other than theres,can not get intouch with doug with the data acquistion dept,their service dept sucks!!:smt102
What kind of rearend is in the car?

If you are using the old Auto Meter Datalogger you can display the DS speed on the box. I always did that and rotated the tire while looking to see if it registered.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have the Ultimate ll tach and just as mentioned I called Racepak and thay made me a collar for a 10 bolt rear with a 1350 series yoke. Less than $50.00 and works great.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Racepack, Autometer, Edlebrock, and Mark Williams make a collar for a 9" if that is what you are using. Those will all work with your tach.

Pat

·
Registered
23 Posts
We make a collar that are 1.875 & 2.187 id for our tach. It is a 2 magnet collar with the south pole of the magnet facing out. We have had problems in the past with people using other collars because they no not check the polarity when they install the magnets. The collars are $69 & I can be reached directly at 815-991-2262.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
you can get new magnets from McMaster-Carr. they are the same as the magnets from Racepak & Auto Meter but 1/3rd the cost.
also you can put a collar on the trans yoke if you can't get 1 on the rear end.

·
Trouble Maker, So Im told
4,433 Posts
We make a collar that are 1.875 & 2.187 id for our tach. It is a 2 magnet collar with the south pole of the magnet facing out. We have had problems in the past with people using other collars because they no not check the polarity when they install the magnets. The collars are $69 & I can be reached directly at 815-991-2262.
Same thing at Racepak for 44.00 , I ordered one today.
Thanks YB , questions answered here daily.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts