Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am seriously considering buying this puppy. I am not familiar with this breed but have always heard that they were great dogs from what I have been told. Anybody have one? Anyone have any information about the pros and cons of this breed. Thanks.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had Shelties, Collies, and Golden Ret before and all were great breeds. Very smart. All breeds have their own personalities though and I am trying to decide between a border collie or this one.

·
cynic/realist
15,961 Posts
They will herd anything. Mine got loose, and got killed trying to herd cars.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do they shed real bad? Looks like they would with the heavy coat. Are they "barkers" or "diggers"?

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
They are bothe barkers and diggers but a very loyal and protective dog. They do not shed much and as of yesterday I was informed they need to be shaved once a year. I feel bad because mine is seven years old and yesterday was the first time she was shaved. I usualy trim her about this time of the year but not like the groomer suggested needed.

·
The guy you don't know
2,117 Posts
i had a aussie for about 8-9 years-ish and he was the best damn dog ever.. he was so smart he never needed a leash outside and when inside he would always herd the other dogs around and if the got too wild he would tell them where to go! it was funny! they are a very loyal breed and are great with children. They shed a little but when the weather changes from winter to summer we always shaved him. mine only ever dug once or twice and was the quietest dog ive ever owned!.. so i definatly suggest a austrialian sheppard!
*r.i.p junior*

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
great dog, when mine was a pup, she would go to the front yard to shit, and then herd me back into the house. and they are smart as hell.

·
Idiot Savant
166,378 Posts
We had one on the ranch where I worked as a kid. Folks boarded horses there and sometimes the teen age girls would shake their butts and try to get you to hold the reins for them. We told them to let the dog do it (Vampire). Vampire loved horses, especially when someone offered him reins. He would take them very, very politely. I swear he had the most innocent look on his face. The next thing they saw was their horse disappearing over the hill with a dog at the helm....:-D

He was a great dog.

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you want a dog that is smarter than you and knows what's best for themselves and what's best for you,then you have picked the right one.

·
Registered
198 Posts
i have two of them, great frisbee dogs and very athletic, they dont like being cooped up though, they need excersise to run off excess energy, shedding is not to bad if you brush them with a undercoat brush or slicker, ours only bark if they see something strange, otherwise they are fairly quiet, also they are very loyal and gentle,
and very smart, sometimes they amaze me, with their intelligence, great choice !

1 - 20 of 48 Posts