Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I read Bobby Bennett's story on Comp Plus then read it again ....... **THATS alot of major changes ....... (Please if your gonna comment read the entire story) http://www.competitionplus.com/drag...ce-makes-major-announcements-regarding-future

NOW ..... was Austin "in the loop" during these plans or was it a Force family private or even just John knowing what changes were coming?

That being said did Austin know what changes were coming and didn't want any part of it ??? (I think John was shocked by Austin's departure) or did he think he was getting pushed out to pasture?

BTW ...... I think the "NASCAR" approach to marketing in the area before a race is a great idea and NO BETTER PERSON TO DO IT

OH Why am I even bringing this up???? Its cold and snowing

·
Registered
176 Posts
I don't believe Austin had prior knowledge. From people here in Chi Town that know him, said the bad emotions ran deep. I do believe that Austin was smart enough to put together 2 and 2 and know something was in the works and wasn't going to be in his best intrest. ///J.T.///

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I think Coil got tired of the 'Dog and Pony' show and was ready to go back to just racing, meaning another team or the nostalgia deal. Coil was around for the entire transformation of the Force show. You can't really blame Force for taking advantage of the opportunities, likewise with Coil.

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
It was probably the new 4 trailer JFR circus ,traveling from race to race ,to tell the same story we've heard for years that he couldn't take!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
In Drag Ill Coil made the comment he was not happy about the financial arrangement between him and Force after the cut-backs.Don't know if that means that he got his pay cut or what...

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I think Coil saw the writting on the wall plus he wasn't getting the compensation he felt he was due.

·
Registered
15,547 Posts
I can tell you guys for sure, coil has been ready to go sit down, for a number of years.. He's got a pretty good "Bucket List", like most of us old Pharts, the biggest difference being... He can afford to fulfill
HIS...
Him and I agree on something.... You can have everything, and have nothing... By the same token, you can have nothing, and still have everything..
I've been retired since '06. When my friends call me and say, "What'r ya doin today"? It's really cool to be able to say - "What ever the Phuck I want"... That's probably what he's gonna do.... At least for awhile..
Have fun Austin.... You've earned it...
Maddawg

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Great comment Denny! So true

1 - 11 of 11 Posts