Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a 572 inch 720 hp. at auction the owner died his widow was selling his race car and parts, auctioneer said the engine was rebuilt, now problem when we got it home we found out it was stuck , cant turn it with a bar. sprayed the cyl, with wd 40 it sit for two days still no turning, called the auctioneer he got red like smart ass, it was supposed to set for two years after it was supposed to be rebuilt, has anyone ever had this problem?
looks like we are stuck with a bad engine,
thanks odie,:confused:

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
how much u pay?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Try automatic transmission oil, it could be the bottom end.we normally flipped them and filled it from the bottom....

·
El Diablo
12,395 Posts
You didn't even try to turn it over with a bar or anything, just trusted what the auctioneer said?
Shouldn't have bought it for any more than what a locked up engine should bring.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,800 Posts
Sometimes you score at the auction sometimes you don't. I snagged a D-3c Procharger for dirt cheap. Miss-directed freight auction. Was on the way back from ATI to the customer.

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
I'd assume that ANY engine I bought from an auction, wasn't ready to just drop into a car!...
I'd pull the thing down far enough to at least KNOW what the engine consisted of!... :smt102

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
when your at a auction, and they dont/cant start up some thing always assume the worst and bid that way. my dad got REAL luck when he bought a massey-fergason 180 for $1000. all it needed was a water pump. got it up and running and had a valve issue, but he used it for a year then rebuilt it.

·
Customer User Titty
3,394 Posts
You didn't even try to turn it over with a bar or anything, just trusted what the auctioneer said?
Shouldn't have bought it for any more than what a locked up engine should bring.
X2.. You gotta assume the worst with auction items otherwise you're taking a huge risk.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Auctioneer's words are just like the info you get off the internet, it's always accurate and true. Good luck with your engine. :p

·
Registered
636 Posts
sixthousand,sixthousand,sixthousand,sixthousand,sixthousand can I have seventhousand? sixthousand,sixthousand,sixthousand,sixthousand .................. ...............SOLD tothesucker,imeangentalmanintheracingshirt.

HAMMERDOWN

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
We bought a 572 inch 720 hp. at auction the owner died his widow was selling his race car and parts, auctioneer said the engine was rebuilt, now problem when we got it home we found out it was stuck , cant turn it with a bar. sprayed the cyl, with wd 40 it sit for two days still no turning, called the auctioneer he got red like smart ass, it was supposed to set for two years after it was supposed to be rebuilt, has anyone ever had this problem?
looks like we are stuck with a bad engine,
thanks odie,:confused:
You are stuck with it

·
El-conquistador, sir
17,434 Posts
Dont even dick around by prying it. Pull the heads and if your answer has not been revealed, pull the pan. Its obvious somethings jammed, no since breaking it lose and firing up a hand grenade. You need to know whats going on before anything else.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Dont even dick around by prying it. Pull the heads and if your answer has not been revealed, pull the pan. Its obvious somethings jammed, no since breaking it lose and firing up a hand grenade. You need to know whats going on before anything else.
X2

1 - 20 of 60 Posts