Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Yamaha 250, It starts right up runs for about 4-5 minutes then shuts off, It takes about 1/2 hour before it will restart. When it dies the coil has NO power going to it. What do you guys think???

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a Rancher 4 stroke. Is there any way to test the voltage/ohms from the stator to verify if it is bad? thanks again

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
if it's a Yamaha 250 it's not a rancher, those are honda, should be a bear tracker :-D Anyways, yes you can test the stator, you have to check primary and secondary, check the net for specs

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your correct I do have one of each, I guess I got confused:rolleyes:. Thanks for the info
if it's a Yamaha 250 it's not a rancher, those are honda, should be a bear tracker :-D Anyways, yes you can test the stator, you have to check primary and secondary, check the net for specs

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
I think the problem is obvious. You have a bad coil. Replace it with a good one dude.

Bad coil? In all my years in the Motorcycle/ATV business generally if a coil is bad it is bad, no on and off symptoms, unless your talking about the exciter coil on the stator?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts