Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool:I AM WORKING ON PUTTING A RACE TOGETHER FOR THE OUTLAW 8.5 CARS AT BEECH BEND RACEWAY PARK IN BOWLING GREEN, KY FOR LATE SEPTEMBER. IS THERE ANY INTEREST OUT THERE? POSSIBLE CAR COUNT? WE HAVE SOME SPONSORS WILLING TO PUT UP THE MONEY!!!!!!!!! THE RULES WILL FOLLOW BASICALLY THE SAME AS OSCA FROM US 60 RACEWAY AND OHIO VALLEY! AS FAR AS TIRES.....26X8.5 DRAG SLICKS......WE ARE LOOKING AT A POTENTIAL PURSE TOTALING $2000....WIN-800.00, R/U-400.00, SEMIS-200.00, AND 1/8-100.00

IF THERE IS AND INTEREST, I WILL MAKE THE RACE HAPPEN. I HAVE DONE SEVERAL BENIFIT AND OUTLAW RACES @ BBRP, SO THOSE THAT KNOW ME KNOW I CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN. REPLY BACK ON THE FORUM OR PM ME FOR SUGGESTIONS, INTEREST, AND QUESTIONS!

THANKS!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS KEN! HOW IS THE NEW MUSTANG COMING ALONG?

ALLEN

·
Registered
245 Posts
We should be able to make it as long as it is not on the 27th. OSM has their final meet of the year at ET raceway in Bloomfield, IN. I believe there would be four from here and I am sure that there would be another two or three from S KY and NW TN that would be there. Beech Bend is a cool facility and Dallas works well with the racers.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A MINIMUM 16 CAR FIELD. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE 32 CARS WITH SOME BONUSES PAID OUT TO LOW QUALIFIER AND TOP SPEED, BUT HEY, WE WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Would you be willing to allow some other tires like Crossville and some others? What are the rules? We have several cars here just outside of Paducah that would be interested. Thanks

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WE HAVE DISCUSSED THE POSSIBILITY OF ALLOWING THE 235X65X15 DRAG RADIAL TIRE TO BE ACCEPTED! IT ALL COMES DOWN TO WHAT THE RACERS WOULD LIKE. ME PERSONALLY, I WOULD ALLOW BOTH TIRE COMBOS....HOWEVER, NO 28" TALL TIRES! THIS RACE IS DESIGNED TO BE A TRUE 8.5" SMALL TIRE RACE. AS FAR AS THE PROSTREET.....THAT COULD BE A POSSIBILITY????? THAT IS ONE CLASS THAT I DO NOT FOLLOW TOO CLOSELY, SO I DONT KNOW ALL THE RULES AND SO FORTH. I HAVE ONLY BEEN WORKING ON THE OUTLAW 8.5, 6.0, AND 7.0 HEADS UP CLASSES! THESE GUYS GET OVERLOOKED ALOT AND WE JUST WANT TO RECOGNIZE THEM AND HAVE A FEW FUN RACES WITH SOME BIG PURSES!

·
Registered
289 Posts
THANKS KEN! HOW IS THE NEW MUSTANG COMING ALONG?

ALLEN
The all out race car has been sold. I just can't keep up $$$ wise and the boys and house are taking a lot of my time. I got a little street stang but it will be for sale soon also. Kids are more important now so the cars are gone. If you need help just pm or e-mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I WILL GET WITH YOU HERE IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO KEN. IF YOU WOULD BE AVAILABLE, I COULD DEFINITELY USE YOU AS A TECH OFFICIAL. I HAVE ONE OTHER PERSON COMMITTED TO BE AN OFFICIAL ALSO. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
Allen, 7.0 class is awesome. You should get a good car count. I might be able to steer some that way, to include us!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HEY STEVE! THAT WOULD BE COOL! WE ARE STILL WORKING ON ALL THE PARTICULARS, BUT HOPEFULLY SHOULD HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER SOON! ARE YOU COMING DOWN TO RACE THIS WEEKEND?

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
HEY STEVE! THAT WOULD BE COOL! WE ARE STILL WORKING ON ALL THE PARTICULARS, BUT HOPEFULLY SHOULD HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER SOON! ARE YOU COMING DOWN TO RACE THIS WEEKEND?
No. There is a outlaw race at the Valley this weekend.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
race

I am in for the 26x8.5 tire I also race the OSM so if its not on the same day I am good

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
:cool:I AM WORKING ON PUTTING A RACE TOGETHER FOR THE OUTLAW 8.5 CARS AT BEECH BEND RACEWAY PARK IN BOWLING GREEN, KY FOR LATE SEPTEMBER. IS THERE ANY INTEREST OUT THERE? POSSIBLE CAR COUNT? WE HAVE SOME SPONSORS WILLING TO PUT UP THE MONEY!!!!!!!!! THE RULES WILL FOLLOW BASICALLY THE SAME AS OSCA FROM US 60 RACEWAY AND OHIO VALLEY! AS FAR AS TIRES.....26X8.5 DRAG SLICKS......WE ARE LOOKING AT A POTENTIAL PURSE TOTALING $2000....WIN-800.00, R/U-400.00, SEMIS-200.00, AND 1/8-100.00

IF THERE IS AND INTEREST, I WILL MAKE THE RACE HAPPEN. I HAVE DONE SEVERAL BENIFIT AND OUTLAW RACES @ BBRP, SO THOSE THAT KNOW ME KNOW I CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN. REPLY BACK ON THE FORUM OR PM ME FOR SUGGESTIONS, INTEREST, AND QUESTIONS!

THANKS!
Good luck! Beech Bend is an awesome track. Had thought about talking to them myself. I dunno that you'll see 32 cars or even 16 but never know. And just an FYI OSCA and the Valleys rules were different, there was Mild Street and Outlaw 8.5. Mild Street was more restrictive. If you want some suggestions or just to BS about 8.5 feel free to give me a call :) 513-260-8262

·
Registered
10 Posts
i would be able to help out if you need more people ken knows who iam ken knows who iam let me know i will have to get off from work that day as long as its not on sunday

·
Registered
452 Posts
There is also the Bounty Race to schedule around. Last Saturday of the month.

Count me in. Beech Bend is just an hour from me.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts