Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
typical 6.0, Ls3 heads Fti cam, vic jr with 950 ultra hp carb now. Talked with Mike Lough, he said My carb is choking it. Says I need at least a 1050 dominator. BUT......Lots of options. 2 circuit? 3 circuit? annular boosters or down leg? This is just a all out max effort 6.0. Trying to get all I can. Best its went so far is 6.307 @107. I knew you could steer me right.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Have Mark build you a carb specific to your combo, it will be about the same cost as you will pay for one off the shelf. He's finishing mine up now. Send him a PM through this site with combo specifics and he will get on it.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
The Ultra 950 is not my favorite. Acts goofy on my flow bench, flows less than the Ultra 850. My favorite for a car in your range is the new LBX carbs, the custom bodies are made by BLP. I've built 4, just finished a black coated one. I had a friend try one last weekend picked up a tenth and 1 MPH in the 1/4 over a QF 1000 1.500 venturi carb. Besides me you can buy them from BLP, Book, Dale Cubic, as well as several other builders that buy from BLP. On an 800 HP test engine they make more power up until just before peak HP.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The Ultra 950 is not my favorite. Acts goofy on my flow bench, flows less than the Ultra 850. My favorite for a car in your range is the new LBX carbs, the custom bodies are made by BLP. I've built 4, just finished a black coated one. I had a friend try one last weekend picked up a tenth and 1 MPH in the 1/4 over a QF 1000 1.500 venturi carb. Besides me you can buy them from BLP, Book, Dale Cubic, as well as several other builders that buy from BLP. On an 800 HP test engine they make more power up until just before peak HP.

Are you using that third circuit?

·
Registered
71,679 Posts
Let me clarify, they make more power than a 1050 Dominator up till you get close to peak, then the Dominator makes a little more.
:tonqe:

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
No on the intermediate, with the annular boosters I have in there distribution is very even and the booster responds very quick. BLP also has a custom annular that also works very well.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks mark. What would a black carb that you recommend run?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a dominator to try this weekend, but have no idea where it specs out. May be way off.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the 8082 Dominator. It has 89 jets in front with power valve, pull out and block valve? Not sure on back, havent pulled bowl yet.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
took carb apart to clean it and it has small wires in the metering block holes. I know this is common practice, but they are in the curb idle screw hole in the port where the idle screw goes in. Why? I have never seen them put there.

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Someone had no idea what they were doing. Usually they go din the idle jet to restrict fuel to the transition circuit.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, got it on finally. 92 jets frt and rear, no power valves. Seems about like my 950 ultra till the secondaries kick in, and it screams to the red line. WOW!!!! I dont know if its gonna be quicker or not, but the rpm's come VERY quick now.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jmark, buddy says you dont need jet extensions in a dominator..... why would you not?

·
Registered
6,631 Posts
Absolutely need them, when you launch all the fuel goes to the back of the bowl in the rear. Anything faster than 14 seconds in the 1/4 should have them, and not reason not to slower.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts