Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hutch, it's Harold..

I thought I felt the tranny slipping (it's been almost 5 years sice you built it) when I stood on it, but wasn't sure if it was the worn out tires:-D or the trans. T400

I finally got around to changing out the filter I fluid.. The fluid looks good and red, doesn't smell bad at all. I did find a small piece of metal in the pan, and what looks like some clutch dust at the bottom of the pan.

I'd like to talk about getting it to you for a refresh, or have you refer me to someone in Michigan, or Tenn.. Car is in Mich, I'm in Tenn. PM me what you would like me to do.

BTW, the trans has been great & no other problems, other than a loose temp sensor. I run it with 2 trans coolers, both w/fans. It ran a [email protected] on motor at Milan the end of last year, & has held up to plenty of hard street driving.

·
Super Moderator
19,733 Posts
Michigan 313-581-6266 ask for Joel. He is familiar with my transmissions or Chicago 630-365-9483 ask for Dave he can also help you.
Doesn't sound like there is anything wrong or the pan would be full of garbage.

Hutch

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
whos this guy in michigan? i need a tranny! help me out.
-----------------------------
Up here in Michigan (or perhaps the entire world is this way too) "transmission guys" are like a cartel; at least the good ones anyway! They all seem to know and associate with each other.

You can also contact Larry P. in Michigan. He's a very close acquaintance of Joel, and builds a helluva trans too!
Larry P. 734-595-0249

1 - 5 of 5 Posts