Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why can't Drag Radial be run in the 1/8th mile at the Shakedown? The majority of cars that run Radial are at or above 3300lbs. and can't get any lighter. Wouldn't that do away with the worries of running to fast and being over weight and I'm sure the majority of Radial racers don't have Advanced ET licenses to go faster than 7.50. I would just hate to see guy not be able to run all out in the 1/4. Why not have the Radial racers vote on it? I know the Outlaw Pro Mod guys would love the 1/8th aswell. Just my .02 cents

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
cause there will be no one at 3300lbs.
The heavy and car on the property in the drag radial class has to be 3175. its going to be a pass of fail system. Everyone who is big time has thir 25.2 and should be working on the AD. ET lic.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
i dont think it should be whos coming and whos not because of 1/4. Espically since theres a man who never LEAVES FLA, and NEVER runs 1/4 mile is going. Richie runs Mir every other friday and a heavier wieght and competes but he wont go to E-town shakedown.. the biggest dance floor

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
This is a race for the Radial cars to set the record! 1/8th is everywhere now! Shakedown is the one race where 1/4 mile records are shattered every year. If they don't come its their loss.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if a car runs 7.60's @3425 he's not going to be able to run? The car I am coming with is 25.2 but it has not been a 7.50 or better yet so he can have the extra weight?

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
7.60's @ 3425 would be fine with a 25.5

There should be clearifcation shortly, but its my understanding that if your above the minnium wieght for your combo, you passed...

Dave and E-town wrote these rules with the understanding that the chassis cert's are killing the class.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Mark my words there wont be a 8th mile class at e-town shakedown. Dave, michelle and E-town is trying everything possible to get the biggest car counts, the best track prep, and the best place to race, set records and win some money!

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
I am aware of that, however going 1/8th mile can get rid of all that headache
I'm with you. 1/8 mile fixes the whole deal. I wish it would have been brought up earlier so there might have been a chance for the change. I think it's way to late now. I think we could have alot more cars up there if it was. Hope to see you at bradenton.

DONALD

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
IT'll all be worth it when you see Vretto's and shannon wren runnin side by side 7.2? passes @ 203 each

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
IT'll all be worth it when you see Vretto's and shannon wren runnin side by side 7.2? passes @ 203 each

Not "when" but "if" and also has anyone heard anything from Shannon lately?

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Not "when" but "if" and also has anyone heard anything from Shannon lately?

im glad you agree, but with big daddy, SW, Henzmen, Vretto's, Jason lee, and a couple hitters from the south including some if's we might see a couple cars going 200:cool:

Last i heard shannon was taking off till it cools off and big races came up

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We will just have to wait and see I guess, I know Alex was at 3500lbs when he went that 7.37 at MIR, we will see how light he can get that Mustang.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
We will just have to wait and see I guess, I know Alex was at 3500lbs when he went that 7.37 at MIR, we will see how light he can get that Mustang.

if i was a guessing man, he is going to be very close to the minnium wieght of 3175

·
Registered
408 Posts
ya alex will be pretty close to min. weight by that time,as we speak he doing the cross country forest gump running thing to shed the pounds.:drinkers::drinkers::drinkers::drinkers::drinkers::drinkers:

1 - 20 of 119 Posts