Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all...there seems to be lots of interest in forming an 8.50 index class for the shakedown at etown race. many local teams have called expressing interest and a few sponsors have offered to help out. the expected payout for shakedown 8.50 class would be $$$ 5,000.00 to win.... 32 car field...do we have enough to fill a 32 car field?? the 8.50 class is awesome and we'd love to try to make it happen...any interest? any info would be greatly appreciated [email protected] for comments, questions or sponsorship. thanks.:partyman:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Dave,
Count me in. Will it be a one day deal or the entire weekend. Also, what will the entry fee be?
Thanks,
Craig Buscio

·
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave,
Count me in. Will it be a one day deal or the entire weekend. Also, what will the entry fee be?
Thanks,
Craig Buscio

the class would the entire weekend just like all other classes. entry fee to be determined but if i had to guess $150 since we are racing for $5k. important to note, there will be 8.50 index general rules in effect if the class is accepted...no full chassis all out bracket cars.. thanks Craig and see if you make a few phone calls to check interest.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Just curious, I assume that 8.50 Index cars regularly dip into the 8.40s on break-out passes. Is this considered acceptable on a standard 8.50 Sportsman Chassis Cert?

It's obviously not the way to win races, but must be a fairly regular part of 8.50 racing. Is it just generally accepted because there is no intention to go faster, or should 8.50 Index cars really have a faster cert?

·
J&E POWER!!
4,965 Posts
Just curious, I assume that 8.50 Index cars regularly dip into the 8.40s on break-out passes. Is this considered acceptable on a standard 8.50 Sportsman Chassis Cert?

It's obviously not the way to win races, but must be a fairly regular part of 8.50 racing. Is it just generally accepted because there is no intention to go faster, or should 8.50 Index cars really have a faster cert?
the local stuff i've seen at atco, cecil and etown dipping into the 8.40's hasn't been a problem with cars cert'd to 8.50. as long as they have all the safety equipment they are supposed to have

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
nhra actually allows a tenth "leaniance" rule just for classes like this....
WITH THAT BEING SAID.....
And you guys know im a die-hard 8.50 guy. (helping out 3 different drivers over the last 2 1/2 years)(and willing to help out 2 new cars) i believe this will hurt the shakedown.

What i see happening is "slower" or not as fast radial cars (7.90's/8.ohs) slowing thier car down and running 8.50 index.

You guys know i have nothing but love for you and think its a great class but i dont want to see having 2 classes "step on each other"at an outlaw type event
On top of that i believe the 8,000 or so could be sent to an already exisisting class giving the shakedown "that much more"

Once again i apoligize for stating my opinion, and i hope no one takes this the wrong way. Ive helped dave out over the last 2 years or so with the shake down.
Signed My Real name
Brandon M. A.k.a. slow710

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
And you guys know im a die-hard 8.50 guy. (helping out 3 different drivers over the last 2 1/2 years)(and willing to help out 2 new cars) i believe this will hurt the shakedown.

What i see happening is "slower" or not as fast radial cars (7.90's/8.ohs) slowing thier car down and running 8.50 index.

You guys know i have nothing but love for you and think its a great class but i dont want to see having 2 classes "step on each other"at an outlaw type event
On top of that i believe the 8,000 or so could be sent to an already exisisting class giving the shakedown "that much more"

Once again i apoligize for stating my opinion, and i hope no one takes this the wrong way. Ive helped dave out over the last 2 years or so with the shake down.
Signed My Real name
I agree to an extent about the some radial guys who might try 8.50,but do you think that would be that big of a number of guys?Shit it dont matter to me if theres 100 cars trying to qualify, my shit runs 8.50's all day long and I can and I am sure you can mention at least the top 15 cars that will definately be in.I dont mean to sound like a smart ass, but I cant see a ton of radial guys jumpin ship on their class to hop over to 8.50.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
i see what your saying, and like i said i dont wanna step on toes.

But look at it this way. Lets say Johnny has an 8.oh car. does he
1) put it on kill, barly qualy, and get knocked out first round
~or~
2) put smaller jets on it, hold a tenth in the bag(cough 8.32 cough) worry about the tree and go rounds

·
Grandpa
6,479 Posts
but arent there cars in the class now that do that?(cough that was 8.32 lifting cough):supz: I guess we are screwed either way huh
damned if we do and damned if we dont.

i see what your saying, and like i said i dont wanna step on toes.

But look at it this way. Lets say Johnny has an 8.oh car. does he
1) put it on kill, barly qualy, and get knocked out first round
~or~
2) put smaller jets on it, hold a tenth in the bag(cough 8.32 cough) worry about the tree and go rounds

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Hey that's how it goes. I hate calling it bracket racing---but-----I know alot of bracket racers that hold that much all the time. Gotta still hit the tree and play the top end. Remember there used to goin flat out. Not lifting.

I understand what your saying about putting the money in the other classes. But in the same aspect. Some of them 8.50 guys that weren't gonna go before that now are. They will be bringing family and friends which means more gate money and concession...So it could also work out for the better as well

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts

Signed My Real name
This is the first thing I thought of-hate to say it!!

Because I would want to be apart of the shakedown no matter what..........& I know I can't run 7.phuckin 30's & 40's;)
As a matter of fact I don't exactly know why I keep entering DR @ Cecil-I must be a glutten for punishment!!!LOL:p

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
C you better watch yourself, you'll get in a lot of trouble agreeing with me!!!!!

I wasnt speaking about you when i said "them guys" cause i know you have the power... just get over the john force burn out addiction and you;ll be alright;)

See you on the 30th

·
Godspeed TK!
8,989 Posts
"But look at it this way. Lets say Johnny has an 8.oh car"

My next post was gonna be-Bro'....My name is Chris NOT Johnny!!!!!LOL:smt082

I'll get this bucket running one of these days........Hopefully sooner than later!!!

The thing is I've been to every shakedown(Spectator or racing) & its the SHAKEDOWN.......You just gotta be there(Rather be racin' than spectating)-ya know?!?!

·
Registered
294 Posts
im in

·
Vendor
6,471 Posts
If the radial guys want to jump ship and run the 8.50 go ahead. Like was said if there isn't a class I am only coming up one day to watch and that's it so I think there will be more money at the gate since I will be brining help that normally wouldn't be there either. I love drag radial but it is becoming a class that most can't hang in anyway given the progression of things. I would get bored watching Evans against Alex so lets let Alex race Stine and Bitzer and Hull and let the big dogs fight it out if the 8.20-8.60 guys want to run with us.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts