Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in October 2010 I bought and paid for a JW case, JW ford Bell housing and JW tail housing. Which was what I needed at the time as my JW case had a suspect crack in it.
He said he could not send it due to some issue, and then had to take some time from work, then wouldn't answer my emails, then said I send too many emails ! then I got his number and started calling him. All this from here in Australia at my cost. I tried to be nice and only call him at daytime ( his time ) which is from Midnight till 9 am our time.
In the end got paypal involved and he sent the goods. :p I was happy, however did not need it all as I had to get my case fixed so I could race.

In January 2011 the parcels arrived, got the case, got the extension housing but no bell housing ! The ford bell housing is the bit I would like as I don't have one !
Got paypal back involved and they got me a partial refund !

Why this guy couldn't just do what he said is beyond me :smt102

It's not that hard.

·
Registered
29,537 Posts

because you're in australia & it was easy for him to be a slack prick without having to worry about someone showing up on his doorstep .
glad you got some of the gear

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If paypal did not help me there are always other ways of getting in contact with your desired person, directly and indirectly.
I had found his home address, his details on other forums, and various other things. If I did not get my goods I was ready to discredit him publicly everywhere.
This would only work on someone who has a bit of a reputation, someone who has nothing to loose this won't do anything.

·
Registered
876 Posts

because you're in australia & it was easy for him to be a slack prick without having to worry about someone showing up on his doorstep .
glad you got some of the gear

Well lots of Aussies visiting U.S , i'm sure someone would like to visit:-kill

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
how are things progressing?
It has been all sorted and finalised.

After getting no where with the seller and the seller not doing what he said I got Paypal involved and lodged a claim.

It was only then he actually sent the items.
When they finally arrived he left out the bell housing !
I then lodged a further claim with Paypal for a percentage of what the bell housing was worth. I tried to make it as fair as possible. paypal then got a partial refund for me, and the seller / paypal came through with the money.
I probably should have asked for more $$ especially as I ended up getting a new case while I was waiting, so don't actually need it now !
But wanted to do the right thing !

So end of the day the seller sucks ! but Paypal made sure he did not get away with it !

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe you should have bought the trans case directly from the MAKER instead.
Yeah maybe, but they probably didn't have a second hand lower cost ford bell housing like he did.
Or maybe the maker didn't say he wanted to make a house payment so could really use the money, so I thought this would help him.

Maybe, could be, should be are all too late now, it is done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts