Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pics of wife?
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being from North Ga, I've been going to Atlanta Dragway for 20 years now....not regularly as I could have though. These races you guys follow....why aren't any at Atl Dragway? Or are they and I missed them somehow..?

I'm not knocking SGMP, I'm sure it's a nice place from what I've seen on live feeds & Passtime, just wondering why it's preferred. Is Atl Dragway too busy?

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
I wish they had some type of X275 series in either track or anywhere in Ga for that matter.
Get in touch with Mike Hill he might can get something done for the 275 guys. He seems to get along pretty good with track owners from Carolina to Alabama. You could probably do 6 races season. Starting from Union county, Carolina, SRD, Macon, Huntsville, And ?????

You could do this between Ducks races and stay open for the dates of YB national, and Hances race ect. You get the idea do not step on anybodies toes and they should show support.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Junkman sounds like a good idea maybe something can come of that. Dalton where is there? I don't recall any X275 series near here. My car is nearly done and I for sure would be down to race in something like that and would even try to put up a little cash for every race to help make it happen.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Jimifam We dd it at Atlanta Dragway. Old Skool Outlaw Racing. We just did a few races. We just did a bucks down deal basicly put all the entry fees is for the purse. Tried keep the killers away with not having a big purse we were trying to do something for the averafe guy. Single Nitrous system plate or fogger no turbos or chargers in the 10.5 deal they were ok for 275. I give props to anybody that runs a racing series. Grown men will cry like a pagent mom. We were just trying to have some fun, everything went back in the pot. Looking back now we should have got some more sponcers. It was a good time, we had some great guys running.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
It would so love to do a race there but there are way to many obsticles in the way......It is my home track but I cant make it work there......Maybe one day

·
Registered
13,277 Posts
NHRA owned and operated, is the biggest problem...

Denny, does NHRA actually own the track? Also if someone rents the track, can't they do their own tech and rules?

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
What Denny said, and others too.
And track prep sucks most of the time. Not all of the time, but most.
Im calling bullshit on the track prep. No one works harder than Mike does on that track. The regulars have NO issues with the track. And before all the, I run faster at SGMP or Carolina shit starts you should run faster at both of those tracks and its not track prep it's elevation.
Now if you want to blame track surface you might be onto something.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
As far as all the tech problems, those issues have been dealt with. James in tech is as easy going as they come. But being NHRA owned, tech is a little tighter than most, but it's the chassis certs and license that seem to be the big issue. I know Comerce had a bad rap in the past but things there have changed quite a bit. Come give them a try.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I have filmed at almost 80 different dragstrips, and I have never had track management be as big of dicks as ATL at the last ORSCA race I shot there. It will be a cold day in hell before I would step foot on that property again. The only thing even close is the asshole starter at E-Town with the grey beard, and he might very well be the biggest prick in drag racing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts