LOL....PHUCK YOU!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
GO RED SOX!!!!!!!

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
Would rather see the Phillies play the braves in the first round then The Cardinals.

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
I guess you don't know much about baseball. The two cannot meet eachother first round.
Just what I read.....

All three divisions in the National League are clinched – the Philadelphia Phillies have taken the NL East with the Milwaukee Brewers doing so in the NL Central and the Arizona Diamondbacks doing so in the NL West.
The Atlanta Braves are battling it out with the St. Louis Cardinals for the final National League wild card spot, as both teams have 89 wins and one game to play. The Braves play the Phillies and the Cardinals play the lowly Houston Astros. If both teams win or both teams lose, they meet in a one-game playoff on Thursday with the winner going on and the loser going home.
If the Cardinals win the NL wild card spot, they play the Phillies automatically.

If the Braves win, the Phillies can’t play them in the first round, as MLB rules state a team cannot play its divisional opponent in the opening round. This means the Phillies would play either the Brewers or Diamondbacks, depending on which one of the two teams is the No. 2 seed and which one is the No. 3 seed. Currently, the Brewers (95-66) are a game up on the Diamondbacks (94-67).
And for the Phillies, tonight’s game doesn’t mean anything in terms of their own standings except a win would set a franchise record with 102 wins.

I guess I should have read the whole article.....

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just what I read.....

I guess I should have read the whole article.....

Yeah it's a bullshit rule, but if it wasn't a rule then the phils could have lost a few games to make sure Atlanta still got in if they felt Atlanta was a better matchup.

I'm happy they don't have to play Arizona, they seem to have the Phils figured out.

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
D Backs will go out 1st round, They just don't look like a playoff team.

Yeah it's a bullshit rule, but if it wasn't a rule then the phils could have lost a few games to make sure Atlanta still got in if they felt Atlanta was a better matchup.

I'm happy they don't have to play Arizona, they seem to have the Phils figured out.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts