Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would throw this out there....If anyone in the DFW TX area is looking or knows someone... PM me with any questions.

Dont need a full head porting race engine building son of a gun...just someone who knows there stuff who WANTS to work...dont know why thats so hard these days.... We have a few large account and are really blowing things open in 2012 so we need 1-2 guys.

------------------------------------------------------------
ATK High Performance Engines is looking for a new Performance Engine Builder to add to our High Performance Division. We are currently looking for someone who is familiar with American Muscle engines (Chevy, Ford, Mopar) early style to LS Engines. The Division is headed by Mark Johnson, formerly of Reher & Morison Racing Engines. We are not looking to train from scratch, but someone who has the know how and can jump in the routine and go as well as learn. Must have own tools and be METICULOUS when it comes to attention to detail and documentation of work.

Experience Needed:
Engine assembling/Balancing/Blue Printing
Checking and setting of clearances
Final assembly of engine from stock - race engines
Dyno setup (operator a plus)
LS Tuning/Building is a plus
Familiar with major performance parts/brands and industry
MUST have own tools

DO NOT HAVE TO BE ASE CERTIFIED or have schooling for this.We prefer someone who knows performance engines and has a back ground building, troubleshooting, designing and working with them.

We are based in Grand Prairie, TX. You must have automotive knowledge and know the year, makes and models of cars from the 60's- Present. We offer benefits and 401K. The company is probably one of the best companies to work for as we are like a family here and have lots of room for growth. We are the nations largest engine builder and are constantly growing/improving. If you are interested send your resume to 972-602-8134 or email it and we will review it. PLEASE we are not looking to train from scratch. Here are a few of our sites so that you can get a feel for who we are and what we do. If you think you qualify please contact us.

WWW.HIGH-PERFORMANCE-ENGINES.COM

WWW.ATKVEGE.COM

Fax Resumes to: 972-602-8134 Attention High Performance or email it.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Brandon
800-421-3746

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
You tried getting in touch with the School of Automotive Machinists? Besides recend grads they have a ton of people out in the real world who they keep in touch with looking for work

·
yeah so
2,645 Posts
if i was'nt in colorado i would love to work there

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You tried getting in touch with the School of Automotive Machinists? Besides recend grads they have a ton of people out in the real world who they keep in touch with looking for work
No not yet, some of them have concatced us by word of mouth though...we have hired a few from there, but unfortunatley when it came to assembling an engine...many could talk the talk, but not walk it...

Our latest interview from there stated they are more of a "theory" type school rather than hands on...dont know if thats true or not, but from what we have seen...odds point to yes. Im going to try contacting them today though...its a good idea..just got to weed through them.

·
Horsepower and Hops
4,574 Posts
If I wasnt locked in here I would apply right now. I have kicked around the idea of going to SAM since high school but couldn't justify the cost, especially after talking with guys that have graduated from there and are clueless. Everyday I can't wait to get off my restoration parts sales job to get home and blueprint an engine on the side. I've built dozens from stock #'s matching resto jobs to 600+ci mountian motors. I worked in a machine shop a couple years back but they closed up. Man, too bad my wife signed a contract for the next year at her job or I would pack up and head west. This sounds like my dream job. I enjoy making pulls on the dyno. What would this position like this pay?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next year will be our biggest year yet and we plan to do some big things, please do submit a resume when your ready it cant hurt and im sure were gonna be looking. Pay is kind of hard to discuss..... DOE, but generally $14-$20 an hour (for what were looking for at the moment).

Very casual enviorment with a full benefit package and in the heart of the largest racing area in the nation, cant beat that!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Friday morning bump...if there is anyone left out there, get in the resume/interview fast. Looking to pull the trigger on someone today/monday and have a few good choices.... We will be looking again in the next 3-6 months for another.

Thanks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Guy's were back and looking for someone else. Put the word out if you or anyone is looking. You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Skilled trade, experienced, quality help= $14/hr?

How much is rent in Dallas?
$14-$20 DOE. Were looking for someone who know's how to build an engine and whom we can groom/teach. No ASE Certifications needed or fancy schools. I have to say the last 5-10 guys we hired TALKED like they were the next best thing, fancy SAM school grads etc...but they couldnt install a set of rocker arms properly let alone show up to work.

Cost of living here is extremley cheap. In a good area rent can start at about $500 a month. Houses in great areas with top schools go for around 125K+. I relocated from Long Beach, CA and its the best thing I ever did :cool:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
glad to see ATK is still kicking...I installed one of there 350 HP deals
in a car 20 years ago.....it laid rubber all over NYC
I love hearing that! :supz: Were bigger and stronger than ever. This is a big year for us. We keep trying to get our LS Line established, but are consumed with other things right now due to lack of staff!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wonder who's left from ATK when they left California??:smt102

I worked in their NY office for many years.

My digger even had ATK on the side with a small sponsorship..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wonder who's left from ATK when they left California??:smt102

I worked in their NY office for many years.

My digger even had ATK on the side with a small sponsorship..
Most of us came over. I was the first one to get here to start the High Performance Division, just about everyone soon followed.

·
Registered
16,803 Posts
i hope youre replacing whoever was building your hemis for the ram trucks.

·
Registered
795 Posts
No interest in someone with minimal eng building experience but a decent amount of on car (mechanics). Always come to work and enjoy working hard

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I worked for a company that purchased thousands of reman engines from ATK a year. That was my favorite job until the business took a shitter about 10yrs ago. How is the reman business these days?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts