Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what starter or maybe has a part number of a starter that works with the ati hemi fuel crank pass side adapter plate

Called them and was told "a stock starter works"

I want to avoid ordering 10 in the hopes one will work

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I think it's all about the mid plate thickness and what bell you have plus flywheel tooth count.

Also the voltage needed , here's a # we run on our top dragster Meziere # MEZ-TST406H

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
On our Pro Mod with a Blown Hemi and Lenco drive it has a Bononfante bellhousing and it uses a CSR Ford style starter that bolts to the mid plate only.

You could try calling **** at Snyder Motorsports he can point in the right direction if my info didn't help.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Anyone know what starter or maybe has a part number of a starter that works with the ati hemi fuel crank pass side adapter plate

Called them and was told "a stock starter works"
What a load of crap.

I have the ATI pg bellhousing and there sure as hell ain't room for a stock starter.

The mounting is there alright. but the stock starter don't fit because of the TFX block. don't know about the BAE blocks but it won't fit a TFX thats for sure.

I tried making some custom deal with a starter bolted to the mid plate. I got it to turn the engine but never fast enough to fire the 44 promag. tried 12 and 24 volts, turned the engine fine, but it never fired. then i tried 36 volts but that killed the starter so i scraped the idear and bought a blower starter. havn't looked back since.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I use a COAN adapter plate and starter set up. I smoked the COAN/Tilton starter 3 times and had GPE rebuild it twice since they are local. Then I mounted a mean green starter on the Coan nose cone and haven't had a problem since. This is a blown hemi 24V starter and GM bellhousing

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I use a COAN adapter plate and starter set up. I smoked the COAN/Tilton starter 3 times and had GPE rebuild it twice since they are local. Then I mounted a mean green starter on the Coan nose cone and haven't had a problem since. This is a blown hemi 24V starter and GM bellhousing
I used the Coan mid plate, starter and flex plate setup for about 8 years with a BAE hemi and lenco drive and never had an issue. Depending on the oil pan you may need to notch the mount block for the starter. Uses a ford style starter mount with a GM pinion and a reactor flex plate with a GM ring gear.

My new setup is Mezier starter and flex plate with a Browel bell housing. The bell housing has been modified to where the starter bolts threw the 3/16" mid plate and bell housing with (2) nuts and bolts.

Going by memory the Coan setup is half the cost.... but.... the Meziere flex plate is one piece billet steel for Promod.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I CLEARANCE THE TFX BLOCK AND USE STOCK STARTER AND FLYWHEEL. BEEN DOING IT FOR YEARS. WORKS GREAT AND IS NOT BIG MONEY

HICKS

1 - 8 of 8 Posts