Yellow Bullet Forums banner

ATI brake.

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Farrer-Out 
#1 ·
Can anyone give me any input on the ATI Wicked Quick transbrake that works in first and second with a safe neutral? Considering picking one up for my TH400.

#3 ·
What feedback are you looking for? I've used many of them and feel they are one of the best if not the best on the market. I like the ones Hutch sells too, I had them side by side once when I was trying to find an issue with another valve body and they are very similar if not identical as far as passages. The ones Hutch sells claim to be the fastest releasing on the market (which I'm not debating) but the only difference I see is the ATI uses the stock servo release spring and his use a pretty nasty spring.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks gentlemen! I got slightly haggled on a recent used race th400 purchase in light of selling a street modded th400 I built a while ago. Trade off of in getting some better hard parts seem worthy enough at this point...

Long story short, no expert and new to t-brakes, I realized zero check balls in worm area of the trans, no intermediate servo and band.

I plan to dual feed, fully rollerize it, upgrade seals, and add some other hd parts...

Can you gentlemen, or anyone else, point me in a better direction to confirm any required or additional mods to suit the clean neutral VB? The VB instructions on the site, unless Im look at the wrong one, seem to be incomplete.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, no hole drilled in fwd drum.

FSA:
3600-3800 Car
523 BBF 800-1200 HP
Brake to 4800

Thanks

#6 ·
It isn't a clean neutral
It isn't a safe neutral

It is a classic case of over-advertising and under-delivering

It's just neutral. It dumps all fluid, including the direct clutch-which lets it over-rev.
Dangerous...not safe.

There is another 3 speed option that has an actual clean neutral
There are also safer ways to shut down than using dirty neutral

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.