Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So If a well known local businessman/performance shop/tuner..causes several people including myself substantial damage due to his negligence and not pulling down his canopies before a major rain storm, should he be able to walk away from it claiming act of nature, sorry bout your damaged trailer, truck,generator etc.....??

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
Knowing storm is coming, he should know better. Sounds like person behind my trailer. It actually moved trailer tongue end around several feet

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was at atco today and saw some of the damage and it was serious,someone should man the fuck up and pay for allthe damage there negligence caused I feel bad for the racers that were affected.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my trailer now has a new window in side of it, my truck window is busted etc... but one of the other guys has 10k in damage to his truck, far worse than my damage...so far nothing other than get a police report etc...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
a freehold based company

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
We were there spectating today, and this was a popular topic. It sucks for the people that sustained the damage! Not that it matters much, but IMHO the owner of the tent should have to cover the damage. If someones car rolled into yours, they would be liable, so if their tent blows into your truck, they should be liable. Just my .02.

Good luck man.

·
Registered
375 Posts
the company is jdm performance. the guy still hasn't come over and said anything to anyone about being sorry or about paying for it. I saw his trailer and truck today. its messed up pretty bad.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,399 Posts
Police report, then your going to have to take legal action. People don't man up, they act like pussy's and shift the blame. Sorry to hear that you stuff got messed up.

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
The guys insurance should cover all your damages, just like if he hit your truck or trailer while he was driving.
His insured property damaged your stuff.

·
Registered
492 Posts
It's was so bad last night it took a golf cart and put it on top of a trailer.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
they are required to carry insurance that will cover your damages to even SET UP on the midway at a nmca/nmra event. get a police report for damages, treat the situation like adults, and not like a mob with pitchforks and torches(not a jab, just saying...) and let it go through the motions... once again THEY ARE REQUIRED TO HOLD A POLICY THAT COVERS THEM IN THESE SITUATIONS......

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts
I inspected the damage in three pits today. I have dozens of photos. I will re-size and upload the raw photos later when I have the time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One of the other drivers who was damaged said local police would not file a report for him??

1 - 20 of 80 Posts