·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever heard of this head?? Is it any good they claim up to 500cfm

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,918 Posts
go to the large small block thread..they also say they can get 580ci small block..

i would take a set and then send them to curtis to do or to ricky at nrc

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Anybody ever heard of this head?? Is it any good they claim up to 500cfm
It's based on the GM ROX splayed valve casting, .. I've done splayed valve heads for years, ..

but with a 2.35" valve in a 4.25" bore as they claim, ..
that valve is 55% of the bore size, .. not very efficient or effective
for lower rpm engines ( under 9K ), .. I bet it won't run well at all unless you
use so much NOS it squirts out the damn trunk.

Curtis

·
Registered
49,830 Posts
Squirting NOS sounds like fun.

It's based on the GM ROX splayed valve casting, .. I've done splayed valve heads for years, ..

for lower rpm engines ( under 9K ), .. I bet it won't run well at all unless you

Curtis

·
Registered
7,489 Posts

Curtis
have you worked with these heads personally Curtis ? and in your opinion if a guy wanted to build one of these mega sbc ,s motors what cylinder head would you prefer ?

·
Registered
295 Posts
4.500 Splayed Valve Heads

The head that John Devito of "Assassin Racing Heads" is selling was developed out of our shop. There have probably been about 10 -15 sets sold with this port design.
This is the head that is on Todd Moyer's 454 inch small block that he currently runs in ADRL Extreme 10.5
This port program was designed more for the big inch turbo and nitrous small blocks, than it was for a comp eliminator type engine.
The casting can be machined and ported to work well with smaller comp engines, but that is not what the "500 CFM " port was designed for.
There are alot of comp racers going to the newer 4.500 casting because they are allowing it in more classes now.
CFE, MBE, and many other head porters have programs for this head as well.
Ricky McConathy
Naiser Racing Components
713-688-8383

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
The head that John Devito of "Assassin Racing Heads" is selling was developed out of our shop. There have probably been about 10 -15 sets sold with this port design.
This is the head that is on Todd Moyer's 454 inch small block that he currently runs in ADRL Extreme 10.5
This port program was designed more for the big inch turbo and nitrous small blocks, than it was for a comp eliminator type engine.
The casting can be machined and ported to work well with smaller comp engines, but that is not what the "500 CFM " port was designed for.
There are alot of comp racers going to the newer 4.500 casting because they are allowing it in more classes now.
CFE, MBE, and many other head porters have programs for this head as well.
Ricky McConathy
Naiser Racing Components
713-688-8383
check you PM,s

mikey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts