Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your opinion on the dog and cat commercials showing the distressed animals?
I look at it and want to donate but something is telling me it's a scam.
Anyone ever donate?
I'm a suckered for helping animals whatever the case may be.

·
Registered
11,340 Posts
If you want to help animals, donate to your local shelter. If the org has money for advertising on a network, it's probably a scam.

They ran that Save the Seals ad a bunch with Kaley Cuoco. Made me want to bang her and then go hunt some seals.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I hate that commercial, I don't want to see animals suffering while I'm eating dinner. Same as the anti smoking with the sick people. I flip channels fast as I can.

·
Registered
20,000 Posts
What's your opinion on the dog and cat commercials showing the distressed animals?
I look at it and want to donate but something is telling me it's a scam.
Anyone ever donate?
I'm a suckered for helping animals whatever the case may be.
very very little % of your donated money goes to helping animals. HUGE amount of the donated money is spent on administration salaries and costs . If you look it up , the top salaries are in the 6 figures. If you want to help, give to your local shelter. If you want to help other animals that are not usually in shelters like horses and the like, there are rescue groups that do that and will be happy for your donation.

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Wanna help and know where your money is going?
Go to Costco or Wally World and buy some kitty litter, dry pet food, blankets or towels, etc and drop them off at your LOCAL shelter because this way you know the animals are going to use them and the money is NOT going into high salaries or "being skimmed"…….. $500 can buy a few weeks worth of supplies.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wanna help and know where your money is going?
Go to Costco or Wally World and buy some kitty litter, dry pet food, blankets or towels, etc and drop them off at your LOCAL shelter because this way you know the animals are going to use them and the money is NOT going into high salaries or "being skimmed"…….. $500 can buy a few weeks worth of supplies.

Going at the end of the month with 20 cases of dog can food and 10 bags of dry dog food.

·
Registered
11,340 Posts
IMO Anyone that wants to breed and sell dogs should only be given a permit to do so after working at a kill shelter.
What about people? Should working at an abortion clinic or orphanage be a prerequisite to having a child? Because people are more important than pets, right?

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
What about people? Should working at an abortion clinic or orphanage be a prerequisite to having a child? Because people are more important than pets, right?
I have no problem with that. You have to get a damn license to fish,where were you on that?

Reactions: 41pinto
1 - 20 of 46 Posts