Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wes took the car out last night. Made about 5 hits.. Spotted some problems and the NGK -7 plugs were a little too cold for motor hits. 9.64 in 96* weather at 4250 feet.. End result... Wes needs EFI.. :-D Changing jets, spilling fuel, adjusting idle screws, cleaning air bleeds, adjusting fuel pressure.. Damn it all came back to me on why I hate carbs.. Cool night hanging out with the Mopar guys actually... Street racers invaded the track at around 7:00 PM.. 996 TT Porsche went a 11.92... :-D

Off to Sedona, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon... See you clowns later... :D

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I can say is wow about Sedona and the Grand Canyon!!! Still trying to figure out how the hell I made it down and back up the Canyon walking at 7800 feet above sea level.. 1/2 way up I thought they were gonna have to air lift me back up.. Only problem was I was the only dummy who took the hike!! So it was climb or die... :-D Worst part is I left my smokes in the car.. Kinda good and bad.. Good cause I made the walk back to get them and bad cause I needed a smoke!! :oops:

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Wes took the car out last night. Made about 5 hits.. Spotted some problems and the NGK -7 plugs were a little too cold for motor hits. 9.64 in 96* weather at 4250 feet.. End result... Wes needs EFI.. :-D Changing jets, spilling fuel, adjusting idle screws, cleaning air bleeds, adjusting fuel pressure.. Damn it all came back to me on why I hate carbs.. Cool night hanging out with the Mopar guys actually... Street racers invaded the track at around 7:00 PM.. 996 TT Porsche went a 11.92... :-D

Off to Sedona, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon... See you clowns later... :D
Man, I had alot of fun and it was great having you there to show me alot of things I didn't know about! I really apprecaite all your help! The whole weekend was a gret success! Greg thinks highly of you also! :D Have a safe trip back home!

Wes

·
Registered
81 Posts
AZ

Monte, nice to have met you in AZ, am looking forward to seeing your turbo car rip up the track some day!! After having Wes show me some of your previous runs, i know its' gonna fly!

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HOLY!!! Ladies and Gentlemen.. The above post is from Greg Anderson!!! :shock: Nice meeting you as well.. If you ask nice enough the YB.com members will help you with that tire bill you have.. :-D Also alcohol in a car works rather well doesn't it? :-D

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Re: AZ

gregsdart said:
Monte, nice to have met you in AZ, am looking forward to seeing your turbo car rip up the track some day!! After having Wes show me some of your previous runs, i know its' gonna fly!
Hey Greg! Ya made it over! Its a fun playground over here!!! :-D Pro Stock motors on Alky run pretty good, huh Greg??? :shock: :-D

Wes

·
Registered
81 Posts
Had the weekend off, thought I'D stop by and find out how this nitrous stuff works, may need a little boost some day! Those tire bills ARE outrageous, four tires, air frieght, $2400 ? Whew! Don't know if the sponsers are gonna like thier money spent like that! O well, ,,,
thought about the alky thing, rules though you know,,,,,, It is easy to tune though!!
Monte, thanks for sharing info on the suspension, its working well!
GA

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very cool Greg. I owe all my chassis tuning skills to Hutch though.. He is the man behind most my racing knowledge... He has forgotten more than I will learn in a lifetime...

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW Mr. Anderson.. At your next NHRA race is it possible to plug YB.com on TV? :-D It dont hurt to ask ya know..

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ummm Greg Anderson there is a few haters in here.. Keep kicking ass and make and Ford clowns believers...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts