Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
T/S 368E
37,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I've been looking for land in Indiana for 4 years.
Lawsuits, death in the family, un-retired, business exploded, prices exploded etc etc kept getting in the way.

Now my agent wants me to stop looking "AGAIN" and wait for this big crash, and grab up foreclosures & people dumping their farms/business's???

Is anyone expecting a huge crash, and putting your plans on hold also??

It really sucks in Illinois, and will only get worse under the fat pig, and the ghoul we have in power!!!

Indiana has definitely became very very very popular and there is not a lot to chose from :cry: :cry::cry::cry:

·
Registered
14,602 Posts

Lawsuits, death in the family, un-retired, business exploded, prices exploded etc etc kept getting in the way.

Now my agent wants me to stop looking "AGAIN" and wait for this big crash, and grab up foreclosures & people dumping their farms/business's???

It really sucks in Illinois, and will only get worse under the fat pig, and the ghoul we have in power!!!

Indiana has definitely became very very very popular and there is not a lot to chose from :cry: :cry::cry::cry:

Well,all I can tell you is,almost all the mortgage companies are laying off.

·
Registered
607 Posts
If you are going from nothing and have a place to live. Sure wait, it may not come in time but you will pay less for a house.
If you are doing a parallel move. Sell your present home, buy another. No reason to wait. Now is a great time to sell.

Renters are dealing with high house prices too. Big mortgage, equals big rent unless you are locked in somehow.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Most homeowners right now should have had the chance to refi at 3% or less the last couple years. Selling that house to finance one at what 5%, 7% apr?

But maybe it will be 10 or 20% in another two years under the current administration, and buy right now might be the best plan if you ever want to move.

Finances aside, do what you have to do in life. I would take a financial hit to not live in IL.

·
Registered
8,455 Posts
keeping my current home is all I can do for now any way, I would only move if I had a chance to move to TN to be near family. I got a decent deal on my current house, so I don't think it is a time to waste the equity I have.

·
T/S 368E
37,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Paying cash, so there's no way in hell I can afford 500 acres. I'm way too poor.

I got excited when I found 39 acres I could afford, and it's a disaster, so had to pass.

I wanted to be ~15 acres, so they can't bitch about my pond, storage building & shop being too much.
So I'm looking smaller with the price build up in Indiana and might have to skip the pond :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I found a tear down on 10 acres, but it's in a city limits :( and in Illinois :(

One reason why I've been pushing her more this spring is I want to get the hell away from chicago
before the POS liberals sweep the midterms, and the shooting starts!!!

Plus if I do move two hours away, I won't have any race buddies around for helping with bigger projects.

·
Registered
20,225 Posts
If you don't think a crash and a recession is coming you are not paying close attention all the Economists are predicting a recession and the housing bubble will burst, son in law who works in Real-estate said they are seeing the slow down in the market and buyers.

·
T/S 368E
37,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you don't think a crash and a recession is coming you are not paying close attention all the Economists are predicting a recession and the housing bubble will burst,
son in law who works in Real-estate said they are seeing the slow down in the market and buyers.

Like I believe anything this government says, or their lackeys that make predictions!!!
According to the sexual predator everything in the universe is perfect, the best it's ever been!!!

·
Head Phuckstick
18,852 Posts

Property here is $20-$30k an acre. (Southern Indiana)

Also doubt we will see much of a crash due to the amount of industry here.

Shannon

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
I am about 8 to 10 years away from my retirement. My house is paid for and in a highly desirable neighborhood so on a good day maybe 300K after everyone gets their cut. Been looking to move out of the city and into the county farther north from the coast. Tired of hurricanes and shit like that. Finding decent land is difficult at best but I would not turn away from a really decent priced house and shop. I have been looking for about a year now. When I first started sticker shock was pretty fucking bad but now I see properties on the market than have sat for a minute and now several of those are marking prices down. I'm gonna wait and see what happens.

·
Registered
20,723 Posts
It's been a sellers market, but I think some of that was left over from better days, reality is going to hit soon. Seems like nobodies working, lol, so where are the buyers coming from. There is poor and rich, no middle income like there used to be. Things will prob be flat until the next election.

·
Registered
23,553 Posts
Perfect time to sell and sit, but we are not going anywhere. House is paid off for a few years now and the market is still on fire here as homes sell within the week-over asking at 900 to 1000 a sq ft. 1,250 sq ft just sold at 1,150,000 and asking was 1,085,000. ALL CASH OFFER.I look great on paper, maybe I'll take a photo:)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
In my opinion if you weren't able to buy the first two years you were looking..... you missed the boat, it has already sailed.
Land and housing prices has doubled and no relief in the near future that I see.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts