Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have seen quite a few post where guys are using Yates C3 heads on different set-ups, but not one of them have made 900 or more hp naturally aspirated. Has anyone made 900 or more hp using C3 heads? Many people say "they will easily make 850 and so on", but they never say "you can make 900 or more with them." The SB2, SC1, D3 and other small block heads are making serious hp. I know the C3 isn't in the same league as the heads mentioned, but are they capable of making 900 hp?

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I thought Billy Gliddens yates headed engines made right at 900hp. He could tell you which ones they were, since there are the C3L, C3, and C3H.

Sure its possible, it just depends on how much money you want to spend. The C3H will probably be the best choice.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought Billy Gliddens yates headed engines made right at 900hp. He could tell you which ones they were, since there are the C3L, C3, and C3H.

Sure its possible, it just depends on how much money you want to spend. The C3H will probably be the best choice.
Thanks Outlaw, but I'm talking about the C3, which is what I have.

·
All motor wannabe
5,903 Posts
There's a guy on here i talked to about a cam. He made 917 back some years ago in a comp car

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
I have seen quite a few post where guys are using Yates C3 heads on different set-ups, but not one of them have made 900 or more hp naturally aspirated. Has anyone made 900 or more hp using C3 heads? Many people say "they will easily make 850 and so on", but they never say "you can make 900 or more with them." The SB2, SC1, D3 and other small block heads are making serious hp. I know the C3 isn't in the same league as the heads mentioned, but are they capable of making 900 hp?
The C3H is capable of it IMO:p

·
Registered
358 Posts
My 425 has a c3 heads off a road racing engine from Ernie Elliot, 2.150 intake valve, it made 953 at 7800

·
D/R 1879
4,801 Posts

This is good to hear since I am running the C3H head...mine were brand new castings that I had sent out to be done. Mine flow very well and should be awesome with the r blower.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My 425 has a c3 heads off a road racing engine from Ernie Elliot, 2.150 intake valve, it made 953 at 7800
Damn! That's good power. Do you or some the others care to share your combos or parts of them? If not, I understand being that some of us grudge race.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What intake is that ?
I see we are both interested in that intake. What intake are you using and what kind of power are you getting out of your engine? My heads and intake are being ported now by a very respectable head porter. The intake side of the heads is complete, and it seems like I'm on track to do exactly what I want to do.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts