Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
They may save a few pounds, but more importantly, find out where they are made. If they are from China or Taiwan, I sure as fuck would'nt put them on my car!!

·
Registered
636 Posts
We received some of those in a couple of months ago to sell.
As far as looks, the metal thickness & welding look good.
They are on the heavy side, the crossbar & bushings are nice.
The only thing I can't tell you is if the ball joint is any good.

These are Racing Power Company control arms & they sell like crazy.
We have not seen any bad feedback on these to date.

Mike Fabian
ERW Performance
954-239-4576

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
They look like they are well made true, but the real proof is when the weight of a BBC comes slamming down on them after launching and yanking the front wheels a couple feet in the air will they hold up to Pass after Pass of that ?
I know there are some that do and when and if I swap out to a set I would want to BE CERTAIN they will not break.....there is some weight savings to gain if you replace the Factory A arms with tubular ones not to mention the added plus of a easier to work on Coil Over Shock set up..... But I get along OK with my old Moroso Trick Springs and some C.E. old adjustable Drag Shocks ( I Know it's Old School but also if it aint broke don't Fix it ) but I would like a Lighter alternative to the Factory A Arms and I HATE taking the danged Springs out even with the right tools it's still a pain in the ass and a Major Knuckle Bustin Finger Breaker of a job to do.

If someone who has a set of these and uses them on a "Race Only" car I would be interested to hear how they have worked for them before buying.

RC

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Is this for a drag car? If so I definitely wouldn't want anything but a moly set of control arms up there, if you are going aftermarket.

·
Registered
636 Posts
We received some of those in a couple of months ago to sell.
As far as looks, the metal thickness & welding look good.
They are on the heavy side, the crossbar & bushings are nice.
The only thing I can't tell you is if the ball joint is any good.

These are Racing Power Company control arms & they sell like crazy.
We have not seen any bad feedback on these to date.

Mike Fabian
ERW Performance
954-239-4576

These are definitely not designed as drag race suspension !!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I bought a set of these arms for my x body and they were very heavy and when installed them my alignment was way out to lunch and no shims to adjust it. I installed my stock arms with the global west delalum bushings and offset shafts and it aligned great and still have shims left for more adjustment. The car handles awesome and I was able to get 3.5 degrees of pos caster and camber set at 1 degree pos.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
They may save a few pounds, but more importantly, find out where they are made. If they are from China or Taiwan, I sure as fuck would'nt put them on my car!!
Whats wrong with China or Taiwan???? Most of the performance industry already uses countless parts and metal from these places. And now most of your true stand behind American companies like Snap On or Harley Davidson are out sourcing there products to these countries.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts