Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird ask but...somebody I know says that the below combo delivered him [email protected]...in the 80's(3500lb chevelle)
I'm not a chevy guy so I don't really know what combos work...but this seems like BS.
STREET DRIVEN.

Bow Tie block, with a LA Billet Kryptonite billet crank with a 6.535 Carillo rods, the cam was a Crane F256 solid flat tappet, Crower enduro rockers. Heads consisted of GM Production 990 heads that flowed 380 CFM @ 28 inches, topped on the Dart intake was a 1050 Dominator. Ohh and I almost forgot............93 octane, 9.7 compression. NO nitrous.

(I also posted this in the NA section so forgive me)

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
26,314 Posts
BS IMO.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Must have had the best suspension setup ever. Using the Wallace calcs, you almost always get math that says more hp from the trap speed than hp from the e.t. when bench racing or comparing times.
These times give 80+ hp more to the e.t. side so sounds to me like someone is fibbing.

·
Registered
838 Posts
When I read the time & mph, I was thinking...Yep! On about 16 pounds of boost with the wrong converter, tires, suspension, ect, Then I read the rest. Ha Ha! Lorne

·
Registered
26,473 Posts
Must have had the best suspension setup ever. Using the Wallace calcs, you almost always get math that says more hp from the trap speed than hp from the e.t. when bench racing or comparing times.
These times give 80+ hp more to the e.t. side so sounds to me like someone is fibbing.

·
Registered
26,473 Posts
So many variables left out that it makes it possible. As stated in another thread, depending on the chassis, engine size, etc. Give that combo to a top Stock Eliminator guy, and watch. They are amazing.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
380cfm on 990 heads, 9.80's on pump gas? I don't think so. Ever since the first car was produced, people have been talking smack about what their car will do. I learned a long time ago it's a lot better to talk softly and carry a big stick. When I talk about my street car, it runs at least two seconds slower than what it does. Newbees are the worst at inflating numbers and fun to embarrass.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Weird ask but...somebody I know says that the below combo delivered him [email protected]...in the 80's(3500lb chevelle)
I'm not a chevy guy so I don't really know what combos work...but this seems like BS.
STREET DRIVEN.

Bow Tie block, with a LA Billet Kryptonite billet crank with a 6.535 Carillo rods, the cam was a Crane F256 solid flat tappet, Crower enduro rockers. Heads consisted of GM Production 990 heads that flowed 380 CFM @ 28 inches, topped on the Dart intake was a 1050 Dominator. Ohh and I almost forgot............93 octane, 9.7 compression. NO nitrous.

(I also posted this in the NA section so forgive me)
Those #'s are right if the car is perfect ( and it was 200 lbs lighter. I say this because keep in mind every 100 lbs is a tenth)). Our SS car went 9.82 @ 134 last year at the US Nationals in GT/KA @ 3295 lbs.Car makes 620 HP with 508 TQ. But this car is well worked out, optimum gearing , converter and SUSPENSION. Our car 60 footed 1.25 on that pass... We were at 2500 feet of altitude. At 3500 lbs we would have been two tenths slower, or a 10 flat run. It can be done if he has 650'ish power and a perfect car, but I'm thinking he's pulling your leg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts