Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I contacted Harland Sharp and he wasn't surprised at all. I did a search on the internet afterward and it happened to quite a few I read. I sent them all back for inspection and of course they were all good. They gave me a replacement and shipped them all back. I didn't comfortable running them so I sold them and bought T&D shaft rockers and had no other issues. At the time I was only running 200/450 spring pressure and it seen less than 1000 street miles.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
I contacted Harland Sharp and he wasn't surprised at all. I did a search on the internet afterward and it happened to quite a few I read. I sent them all back for inspection and of course they were all good. They gave me a replacement and shipped them all back. I didn't comfortable running them so I sold them and bought T&D shaft rockers and had no other issues. At the time I was only running 200/450 spring pressure and it seen less than 1000 street miles.
A lot of time if you over tighten the adjuster nut they will break like that....
Seen jesels and t&d break just like that.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Thanks for the link.
I thought this thread would be back page by now.
No problem, their website states all USA made and I've never had any issues with them. The set I have now will be going into a street car but spent most of their life in a 406 windsor with a .750 lift cam spinning 8000.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I’ll second that on the scorpions. I’ve used and sold piles of them.
also ran them on my SBF Procharger car on two different engines. Never an issue. It was a small solid roller with light springs in the 575-600 range I think it was. No issues.

·
Registered
26,500 Posts
At one time, Scorpion claimed their rockers were made in Florida. Regardless of where they are made, they are not high quality parts. Crower and the Comp Cams you mentioned have provided us the best service of the stud mounted rockers we have used and are the only two steel stud mounted rockers I would consider. If you go with the Comps, get the better ones with the pressed in pushrod seat, I have seen the ones without pressed in seats split the bodies.
If you think aluminum is adequate for your application, the Harland's are probably the best choice, I believe Crower no longer makes aluminum rockers.
All those are good, but Howard stud mounts are second to none.

·
Idiot Savant
163,722 Posts
I used to like Yella Terra a lot, becasue of the 11/16 trunnion. One 351C guy used to turn Crower Stainless black in the tip and break them off (left at 10,200 and shifted at 12,500). The only rocker that lived on the thing was a Yella Terra BBC.

But the company has kinda wandered over the years and I've lost track.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yella Terra are made here in Australia. Ridiculous prices for alum rockers, $800+. Better off buying Crower or Comp steel or s/steel & get the reliability they offer.

·
Idiot Savant
163,722 Posts
Yella Terra are made here in Australia. Ridiculous prices for alum rockers, $800+. Better off buying Crower or Comp steel or s/steel & get the reliability they offer.
As I said. Mike was breaking Crower Stainless rockers. The only thing that would stay in the motor was Yella Terra.

I looked at Brian Tooley's site, since he carries them for the LS motors. Somewhere between $650.00 and a grand doesn't seem too ridiculous for what you're buying.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts