Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Small budget roller motor.
not more than 7k rpm .
looking to increase the lift without changing the cam.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
They are not American made, but hold up pretty well with average spring pressure. I have used them on a few budget SBC and they lasted. I would check their open pressure rating first.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Small budget roller motor.
not more than 7k rpm .
looking to increase the lift without changing the cam.
Are these quality rockers?

No

·
Registered
17,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know quality and low budget are a oxymoron.
so I’d say a decent buy for budget concerns.

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
can not directly answer your question ,,, but it would be nice if manufacturers would include max operating spring loads to help with making the types of decisions we do.. I have never used this brand sorry. And where would their limits be???

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
On their site it says the material is rated at 850 pressure, which is more then Comp Cams rating on their aluminum rockers. I would be more concerned about bearing failure over time. In general, all stainless rockers have bigger trunnions and more needle bearings than aluminum rockers, so they should be stronger in that area.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Scorpion are Ching Chong too?

Harland Sharp are USA.

And Jomar for a USA stud girdle.

I'm not sure about where Com Cams Ultra Pro Magnum rockers are made, but I have used several sets, SBC and BBC. They are all still in service.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Harland Sharp are USA.

I'm not sure about where Com Cams Ultra Pro Magnum rockers are made, but I have used several sets, SBC and BBC. They are all still in service.
At one time, Scorpion claimed their rockers were made in Florida. Regardless of where they are made, they are not high quality parts. Crower and the Comp Cams you mentioned have provided us the best service of the stud mounted rockers we have used and are the only two steel stud mounted rockers I would consider. If you go with the Comps, get the better ones with the pressed in pushrod seat, I have seen the ones without pressed in seats split the bodies.
If you think aluminum is adequate for your application, the Harland's are probably the best choice, I believe Crower no longer makes aluminum rockers.

·
Registered
23,797 Posts

Harland Sharp are USA.

Just replaced my 13 year old Pro Magnum rockers with a set of new ones . I figured I got my moneys worth out of them .....lol

I do think I got a bad lifter from Johnson though . Maybe not , havent really looked into it yet but I have a valve train tick and I found chatter marks on one of the valve stems .

20200429_155021.jpg

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Sorry about the failure on your aluminum rocker. Did you confer with Sharp after this failure? If you compare any aluminum rocker to any steel or stainless steel rocker, you will notice the aluminum needs much more material around the trunnion to be strong and thus has to have smaller trunnion and bearing assembly. The steel/SS rockers can have a lot bigger trunnion and bearings and would be an upgrade.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts