Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
102,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is being reported that Terry Francona and the Red Sox are parting ways? Give me a fucking break. I am not a Red Sox fan, but the man did lead them to (2) World Series and the greatest comeback in playoff history in 2004.

Damn shame.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
It is being reported that Terry Francona and the Red Sox are parting ways? Give me a fucking break. I am not a Red Sox fan, but the man did lead them to (2) World Series and the greatest comeback in playoff history in 2004.

Damn shame.

Theo is trying to cover his ass...his poor choices over the last couple of seasons got them where they are. Not Francona...Theo has traded away all their development prospects for over priced, under performing talent. W/ no bullpen

·
Registered
15,297 Posts
Supposedly it's mutual. I think Francona wants out too. That's an extremely high pressure job in Boston. He's had a lot of health issues too.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Supposedly it's mutual. I think Francona wants out too. That's an extremely high pressure job in Boston. He's had a lot of health issues too.

I guess with the crap deals upper mgmt make I would want out as well. Didn't think to look at it that way.

·
Registered
5,588 Posts
The red sox are a smart team, if they got him out of there, it was not a completely emotional decision. They need to look at the conditioning coach, and see what is going on there. The yankee's conditioning guy is the best in the baseball.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Boston TV channels say that a few egos and attitudes from the likes of Lackey, Varitek, Beckett and Youkalis caused a cancer in the clubhouse and on the bench. This group was divided. Terry deserves much better and will rise to the top with another team. Perhaps John Henry should hold Theo's feet over the fire for awhile as he gave Terry this lineup. I believe that they are locked in for a few years with some deadwood on the pitching staff. Injuries also played a part in their demise. I really don't care about them as i'm a YANKEES fan, but sure would like to see Francona continue his "SUCCESSFUL: career as manager else where.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I hated to see him go but it was time... have you ever been to a Redsox Game?

abunch of pressure them phuckers dont cut you any slack...

I had a great time when I went you have to get phuckin loud and the redsox fans will love you

·
Bracket Racer
2,235 Posts
Well, lets see, they are The third Highest payroll in the MLB and the Rays are second from the bottom. We made the playoffs, and Boston didn't, its not how high the players are paid, its how well they are managed.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
inside rumors said that if certin players wernt starting that day they'd be in the locker room getting drunk and throwin back beers.
Lackey, veratik, byckholtz and beckett all gained big weight during the season and were rarly scene on thier off days

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
injuries did plauge them and it was mutual from what has been said. epstien has to be held accountable more than anyone and there was a rumor that he would love to go to the cubs and get them to win the world series. but with the way he has spent money on shit players i don't think they would be any better off. he did bring adrian gonzalez this year which was great, but lackey absolutely sucks balls. he has a shit attitude every outing, yells at his team mates and just blows in general. theo hasn't been able to sign a good short stop, renteria and lugo both flops. we had orlando cabbrera and alex gonzalez, both great short stops and theo thought he had better answers. no one in town agrees with this decision, it sucks. i think the only thing that could keep the fans at bay if they brought in joe torre.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Big Red Sox fan but its time for him to go bring in new blood turn it around he leaves player in to long and wont bunt and to loose for the players should have bench Crawford in Sept .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts