Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Keepn my pimp hand strong
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been at a lot of job sites lately listening to most but not all workers complaining about working harder for less money!
I always reply you could be sitting at home trying to dodge the mortgage company and 9 times out of 10 the worker replies well they are going to get what they paid for!Oh yeah and im not working weekends.....HMMMMM
Made a oversized delivery on a Saturday in Laredo texas a week ago and the Mexican workers were happy that the delivery had to be made on a saturday giving them overtime,They helped with the chains and helped remove tarps from the machine.This made me wonder if American workers have just become spoiled and lazy or are the Mexicans that were working on the border just have better work ethics?The foreman said all workers are legal the only one on a permit was the driver taking the machine into Mexico.
Fire away!!!!!!!:smt071

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
i agree with both really some people are just to lazy anymore and the rest would be are government walking over america doing anything they want and people not speaking up to voice there opinion

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
what the fuckin problem is as a "worker" you are competing with individuals from 3rd world countries, and what they will do for a certain price.

let me make it easy for you...
I have a buddy who is a little off... he would cut my grass, clean my gutters, and take everyrthing out of my garage to sweep it and put it all back...he will do all that for two 40 oz. milwaukee best ice's... is that what I give him?... no, he gets a 12 pack of bud and a 20 spot. and I'm still selling him short... I guess I could tell him he's lucky to be getting two forties of cheap ass beer, and to be happy with that.... but that would make me a greedy piece of shit...just like corporate america. I say let the fuckin country burn, and if it doesn't get better so fuckin be it....

·
Registered
470 Posts
Big part of it is people wanting a job but not wanting to work...

X2 nobody wants to work for a living anymore just want to bitch and cry im not working for that pay when i made such and such elsewhere. When they say that im like why the fuck you lookin for a job here asshole

·
Registered
470 Posts
what the fuckin problem is as a "worker" you are competing with individuals from 3rd world countries, and what they will do for a certain price.

let me make it easy for you...
I have a buddy who is a little off... he would cut my grass, clean my gutters, and take everyrthing out of my garage to sweep it and put it all back...he will do all that for two 40 oz. milwaukee best ice's... is that what I give him?... no, he gets a 12 pack of bud and a 20 spot. and I'm still selling him short... I guess I could tell him he's lucky to be getting two forties of cheap ass beer, and to be happy with that.... but that would make me a greedy piece of shit...just like corporate america. I say let the fuckin country burn, and if it doesn't get better so fuckin be it....

If he is happy working for that then its a fair deal lol. People have priced themselves out of jobs by living beyond there means.

·
Registered
472 Posts
The house next door was rented to 5 Mexicans, all brick layers. These guys would party all night and go to work a 8am. Seemed like 7 days a week. Theyed usually worked 8-10 hours per day. Fuck that! Wheres my fuck'n raise?

·
Registered
16,545 Posts
I have an issue with big company CEO's making 155 X the average working mans salary. Hell, some of the assholes had made more by last Friday than I'll make all year. No reason why the gap in wages has become so rediculously large!

·
598 Coming Soon
19,628 Posts
The average employee in Mexico makes $100.00 a WEEK, The average Mexican Citizen working in the US makes $100.00 a DAY........You tell me why they work harder & don't bitch about salaries or working on the weekends. Most Americans are to fucking spoiled & want to relive the best paid job they ever had while working @ the worse paid job they're currently @.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
I always reply you could be sitting at home trying to dodge the mortgage company and 9 times out of 10 the worker replies well they are going to get what they paid for!Oh yeah and im not working weekends.....HMMMMM

I'm guilty as charged. ''You only get what you pay for" saying has been around for a long time...for good reason,,,TLW

·
SASQUATCH RACE TEAM
18,078 Posts
Been at a lot of job sites lately listening to most but not all workers complaining about working harder for less money!
Made a oversized delivery on a Saturday in Laredo texas a week ago and the Mexican workers were happy that the delivery had to be made on a saturday giving them overtime,They helped with the chains and helped remove tarps from the machine.This made me wonder if American workers have just become spoiled and lazy or are the Mexicans that were working on the border just have better work ethics?The foreman said all workers are legal the only one on a permit was the driver taking the machine into Mexico.
Fire away!!!!!!!:smt071

you know its sad to say but your right. most people know what everything for nothing. hell most of the guys we have had lately have been so slow you got to chalk there feet to make sure there still moving. one of our guys was down setting up a job at a nuclear power plant. the union electricians took 3 days to do what we did in our yard in 6 hrs.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Big part of it is people wanting a job but not wanting to work...

wrong... fact is it takes 500 a week min. to live without starving. where are the 500 a week jobs?...welfare and special programs are nothing but a pay off to keep people from really freakin out for not being able to provide for their families. fact is is everyone who sponges, gets off their ass it would make it 10 times harder for the people that do get up and work to maintain their jobs for what they are getting paid now... and the money the government saved from nt giving to those "sponges" they would just waste it as they are doing now, and only make the "global market machine" move at an even more accelerated rate... we are going in a certain direction regardless of the thing we as "citizen choose to do" we haven't the power as "the people" to change shit anymore....we WERE an industrial, and manufacturing icon...not anymore. and whats even funnier is as other countries besides us start becoming bigger manufacturers, and consumers than we are... we no longer will have the means to be on top....

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,146 Posts
The house next door was rented to 5 Mexicans, all brick layers. These guys would party all night and go to work a 8am. Seemed like 7 days a week. Theyed usually worked 8-10 hours per day. Fuck that! Wheres my fuck'n raise?

to some its not about the money , its about enjoying life and having a good time . heck i took a 5.00 an hour pay cut to work closer to home and work longer hours years ago . why ? beucase the job was more fun even though i had to work 10 hours a day compaired to 8 .

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
I have an issue with big company CEO's making 155 X the average working mans salary. Hell, some of the assholes had made more by last Friday than I'll make all year. No reason why the gap in wages has become so rediculously large!

there was a time when the country was kickin ass that the top brass (not owners) would only make around 15x what the "general" labors made...not anymore

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I've worked for the same nuclear manufacturing facility for 16 years. I can tell you that around here workers get worse every day. Any foreign labor we get have better work ethics.

1 - 20 of 212 Posts