Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,925 Posts
I think that may be where they made Hedman Husler headers. I think Bob Vandergriff owned that. I thought they were still around though.
you might be right on hedman, i think they where apart of that conglomarate, or atleast maybe sold out to them and they liquidated it.... it was around 2016-2017 probably around the time when bob had money issues.

·
Satans Daddy
17,327 Posts
What's funny is some of you idiots actually believe its the chinamans fault, it's the greedy american asking the chinaman to make him cheap shit to sell to you, fuck hooker, that shows what cocksuckers most are, its about the money, not the chinaman. They can make cheap shit cause there are billions of them and they are fucking hungry for a bowl of rice and fish, not a side by side or drag car ect, they will work for 3 bucks a day...north americans will not. so I guess until everyone gets hungry enough over here, shit will still get done over there, I imagine that will happen once the chinaman gets fat! That's my opinion, YMMV.
What's funny is some of you idiots think it's greed from the American business man when in fact, it's liberal policy's increasing tax on Corporations making it impossible to pay good wages AND keep manufacturing on our shores.
Just look at what your boy Joe is doing now!

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Buddy bought a new set of Hooker headers to replace the rusted out ones on his S10. Same headers only he got coated ones this time. The flange on his new ones were a lot thicker than the first set. Looked nice to me other than a dent on one of the slip joints and he may have done that before I got there.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The US government has killed a lot of jobs in the US due to many regulations. I work in the grill industry. Also do heaters. The valves for most heaters, fireplaces, and grills are made over seas for one big reason. Liability!!! The cost of the insurance to make them here is crazy compared to what they can buy them from a foreign company and not have the added liability. One grill company went to china because the costs to update their plant to meet rules for their powder coating were beyond what they would make in profit for many years. So instead they sent the manufacturing over seas. The grills cost them less now. They lost a lot of jobs so their over head went down and they make more money now. They spent some of that on promotions and they increased sales by about 3 times what they were doing. And that was over and above what they lost because of the going over seas to be made.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I just took delivery of an aeroflow and a maxflow- both made in china- they fit my spec and I can only hold my nose and purchase. A few years ago guys were complaining about hookers not lasting as well as they used to- probably coincided with offshore manufacture- thinner gauge steel? I've seen manufacturing move from canada/northern states to the southern states then to mexico then asia.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Hooker Headers have had “MEXICO” stamped on their flange for decades.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I have a like brand new set of Hooker mufflers out in the garage on a shelf, They are from around 1985. If you are interested send me a pm. I am not looking to rob someone. I believe they are 3" in and out. Birdtracker

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Thanks boomers
Not all of us. I have never purchased a car or trunk not UAW. Yes, two were made in Canada and one in Mexico. But considering I've owned 25 plus cars through my 65 years that's not a common practice. I wish it was, wonder what American industry would look like today if all of us would have at least TRIED. My entire Theater/Stereo is manufactured in Springfield Illinois ( Check out Legacy Audio High-End Speakers and Audio Systems ). It has cost me a fortune but I took my time, bit the bullet and bought American. Washer and dryer made in Marion Ohio. Anything major that I purchase I always seek out USA. Not the cheapest, but where its manufactured.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Hooker is part of Holley which is a private equity company. The majority of their products are made in china. They buy good companies and outsource to China and we get stuck with crap products. MSD,RACEPAK,NOS,are just a few. Simpson, Detroit Speed will be garbage in a matter of time.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts