Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving my previously all the time garaged 2012 CTSV more lately, including in the rain, and there is a really bad leak through the ultraview. Fucking car has 16,000 miles on it. All drain tubes are 100% clear.

Any suggestions before I trade this in on a new Mustang? I'm serious about that. I've had the headliner off this POS 5 times now checking over all the stupid shit and it's no better. The rear headliner near the passenger side c pillar gets soaking wet.

Fucking piece of shit GM. My Chrysler's have never leaked. My Fords have never leaked. ALL of my GM's have FUCKING LEAKED.

:smt093:smt093:smt093:smt093:smt093:smt093:smt093

·
Elite Member
14,714 Posts
You do not buy GM's with sunroofs. Every GM product I have ever had with a sunroof has leaked or had a problem. Just like wheel bearings with GM's. I have never had a factory set of wheel bearings in ANY GM product make it over 75k miles.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I have been driving my previously all the time garaged 2012 CTSV more lately, including in the rain, and there is a really bad leak through the ultraview. Fucking car has 16,000 miles on it. All drain tubes are 100% clear.

Any suggestions before I trade this in on a new Mustang? I'm serious about that. I've had the headliner off this POS 5 times now checking over all the stupid shit and it's no better. The rear headliner near the passenger side c pillar gets soaking wet.

Fucking piece of shit GM. My Chrysler's have never leaked. My Fords have never leaked. ALL of my GM's have FUCKING LEAKED.

Going by previous posts of yours. I am gonna bet you will hate a new Mustang. My wife has one and she loves it. I think for the money it's a nice car and I like the body style. Imo, $30-$40k cars are kind of low end these days.

·
Registered
12,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ideally I would like to fix this fucking leak.

Going by previous posts of yours. I am gonna bet you will hate a new Mustang. My wife has one and she loves it. I think for the money it's a nice car and I like the body style. Imo, $30-$40k cars are kind of low end these days.
Why would I hate it?

·
Moderater
15,094 Posts
You do not buy GM's with sunroofs. Every GM product I have ever had with a sunroof has leaked or had a problem. Just like wheel bearings with GM's. I have never had a factory set of wheel bearings in ANY GM product make it over 75k miles.
It must be you...my last three GM's had sunroofs and never leaked. 2 had 150k plus when sold, never a wheel bearing failure. I did do a wheel bearing on my daughters Grand Prix @ 130k though.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Ideally I would like to fix this fucking leak.

Why would I hate it?

Maybe not hate it but disappointed. It's a nice car that can be modified easily and inexpensive. Caddy is performance and luxury along with some other brands or more expensive cars. The mustang is very comfortable to me but rides a bit rough for a new car.

·
Moderater
15,094 Posts

Take it to someone who knows how to work on cars..you're obviously doing it wrong..:p

·
Registered
28,624 Posts

Go buy a ford then you whiny Fkn snowflake, you're about to melt.

·
Elite Member
14,714 Posts
It must be you...my last three GM's had sunroofs and never leaked. 2 had 150k plus when sold, never a wheel bearing failure. I did do a wheel bearing on my daughters Grand Prix @ 130k though.
I just had wheel bearings done on my beater trailblazer for the second time. Not saying to beat on GM, its just what I have come to expect. Steering racks also suck for GM too.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I've had Fords, Chryslers and GMs with moon roofs. The ONLY one that leaked was the GM. That along with terminal "fretting" at the BCM,door lock actuators(3),key fobs(3),wheel bearings(2) and the rattling dash(that somehow the hacks at the dealer could never hear).I said, what didn't leak squeaked, what didn't squeak rattled, what didn't rattle plain old didn't work. I had that car 3 years and when it hit 50k(warranty was up at 48k) I peddled it and haven't looked at a GM since.

·
Registered
7,878 Posts
I daily drove an 04 GTO for almost 7 years, great car till it hit 70,000 miles, then it was issue after annoying issue, all started with the wheel bearings/hubs lol

1 - 20 of 209 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.