Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
say they got 500hp. from 9:5 comp, 383 sbc, small hyd. roller cam, perf. rpm intake, 750 mech. secondary carb, were using the 195 elim. heads. if this isnt all hype, sell my edel. perf. rpm heads and small hyd. flat tappet cam and upgrade. thanks ray

·
Registered
324 Posts
Boy this could really get people reved up LOL. In Liberty Dan

·
Professor
90,869 Posts
In my opinion there is no more over rated product on the market. I hear they can throw long shadows at noon.

They are a decent product, not any better than anything else in their price range. Dart, Brodix, Profiler, etc.....

The stories get bigger and bigger every time they are told. I also feel that their tests and demonstrations are rigged. This magazine crap they like to put out is all pre-determined outcome.

As many of you know I can go on and on and on....

But the bottom line is no, they are no better or worse than any of the leading manufacturers. They just have better advertising.

I was told by one idiot, there is no car on earth that won't make more power and be faster than with AFR heads.

I think they send a gallon size of Kool Aid with every purchase, because many ( not all ) of their customers are just weird.....they are like drug pushers.

·
Professor
90,869 Posts
say they got 500hp. from 9:5 comp, 383 sbc, small hyd. roller cam, perf. rpm intake, 750 mech. secondary carb, were using the 195 elim. heads. if this isnt all hype, sell my edel. perf. rpm heads and small hyd. flat tappet cam and upgrade. thanks ray
Look into the details of that, I'm sure you'll find something.

Brodix made over 625HP on a 383 by Tony Barker it's on their (brodix) website using 200CC heads.

I don't think 500 is all that impressive without more information.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Jsup, while I'm sure all the other heads mentioned are capable of making the same power, the op asked if it was possible with the AFR's. While I've seen your back and forth with Tony Mamo here before, would I be incorrect in saying that yes, the AFR 195 Eliminators are capable of the 500 horse that the op originally asked? Would it also be safe to say that the underlying question to his post is whether they would be an upgrade from his current Performer RPM heads (which are good heads, but a bit small)? I would think they would, as would others from the companies you mentioned which are in the same category as the AFR's he was looking at (195 to 200cc range). I appreciate your passion toward blasting AFR as often as possible, but it's kind of overkill for the moment. lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.