Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
draggin' ass
13,419 Posts
Yes, and there may be a difference between the 4 bolt boxes and the metric ones.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
im not sure which years fit what. i did the manual steering box switch on my monte and the arm that came with the box didnt work so i had to use the monte arm. the box i used came off a newer style S10 so that may have been the difference, alot of people told me that it was supposed to work with the S10 arm but im thinking that they used the older S10 boxes.

·
the educated fool
1,778 Posts
I have heard that S-10 pitman arms from certain years will also fit 68-72 A bodies.

I want to convert my 72 a body to manual steering and was wondering what pitman arm off of an S10 might work and what year? would it have to be off of a manual steered S-10?

·
Registered
597 Posts
S-10 arm is no top (the rusty one)
G-body arm on the bottom (lightly blasted)

I measured roughly 1/4" difference between the two. Yes the S-10 arm will work on a Gbody, but it's not perfect.

·
Registered
339 Posts
On my 78 regal i used a box off a first gen s-10 .it was a direct bolt on .

·
Registered
7,489 Posts
i swapped them when i bolted a S10 in our 81Bu , i,m no gonna try a vega box i have it,s even smaller then the S10

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have heard that S-10 pitman arms from certain years will also fit 68-72 A bodies.

I want to convert my 72 a body to manual steering and was wondering what pitman arm off of an S10 might work and what year? would it have to be off of a manual steered S-10?
the G-body arm is the right one to put it on a g -body dont know about an a body.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts