Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am hearing and seeing an arc inside my jesel beltdrive cap when cranking the engine around with ignition on.
i have a new hvc-2 coil new 7al box new cap and it still does it,i only have ONE deep cycle battery in the car, any ideas?thanks

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
about a billion years ago I used to race VeeWee's & the "trick" thing to have on them was clear (or smoked) distributor caps. they were cool becuase every time the rotor would line up with a plug, & the coil would fire it would arc & create a spark that flashed as the car went down the road (we did not run "hoods"). SO........ does the car run? are you sure its not supposed to do it? How are you seeing it under the cap? have you drilled a hole in it to phase it?

Bob

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
their is a hole in it to phase it.i think it is comming from the three allen screws that hold it to the base plate...

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
that dont sound good. :cry: it does sound like its arcing in the cap then. is the coil in the cap or remote? if its remote then its a no brainer, replace the cap & rotor.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
9,240 Posts
ts racer said:
their is a hole in it to phase it.i think it is comming from the three allen screws that hold it to the base plate...
Replace them with plastic screws. Shhhhhhh...ancient Chinese secret.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts