Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
putting one in my charger i want to use a key and not have a kill switch is that possible?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Use a relay to only allow ground to the wiring board when the key is hot. That way the panel will only work if the key is in. Take the key out, the panel is no longer grounded and wont work.

The relay board for the arc has to be mounted on a plastic panel or something that wont ground it though.

This is how my ARC 8000 is done.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Use a relay to only allow ground to the wiring board when the key is hot. That way the panel will only work if the key is in. Take the key out, the panel is no longer grounded and wont work.

The relay board for the arc has to be mounted on a plastic panel or something that wont ground it though.

sorry i am terrible at wiring how would i wire that to the factory key
?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hook the 12V+ that the key gives (can't tell you what wire it will be) to 86, 85 goes to a ground. Put 30 to the relay board ground spot, and 87 to a ground. That will make it so the connection between 30 and 87 is connected only when there is 12V at 86. When 86 is not under voltage, the relay will switch and it will cause the 30 and 87 to no longer contact and no longer allow the board to be grounded.

Main thing is you have to make sure the board is not grounded how its mounted. I mounted mine to some plexi glass and then mounted the plexi glass to some metal so that it wouldnt ground out. Then you have the one wire for the ground input on the board.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts

That is a great idea. I'm gonna have to hook mine up like that when I put it in....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hook the 12V+ that the key gives (can't tell you what wire it will be) to 86, 85 goes to a ground. Put 30 to the relay board ground spot, and 87 to a ground. That will make it so the connection between 30 and 87 is connected only when there is 12V at 86. When 86 is not under voltage, the relay will switch and it will cause the 30 and 87 to no longer contact and no longer allow the board to be grounded.

Main thing is you have to make sure the board is not grounded how its mounted. I mounted mine to some plexi glass and then mounted the plexi glass to some metal so that it wouldnt ground out. Then you have the one wire for the ground input on the board.

Hope this helps.
understand now thanks

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
good info. here. i have mine when switch is on in back the arc panel is on when you turn off kill at back arc is off, i like the key method alot better because i still use my key to turn on the car. this helps alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts