Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed the ARC 12000D switch panel in my new car and I have had nothing but problems and they still continue. This thing just decides to turn itself off right in the middle of a pass and theres nothing I've done that helps. I've tried everything ARC has recommended and still have no luck. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Be sure to post the fix please. I'm getting ready to install a. 12000R in the next week or so and would like to know if the issue will be the same.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have installed a ton of these units with absolutely NO troubles... Vinny Barone currently runs one in his Cavalier it has survived that odd-fire V6 for almost 3 years. I have never had a complaint with any of ARC's stuff especially the 4000, 8000, 12000 line.

Rich

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I had a problem with a 4000, I ended up sending it back for a new one and it has been flawless for several years. ARC stuff is lifetime warrantied also....

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've installed the ARC 12000D switch panel in my new car and I have had nothing but problems and they still continue. This thing just decides to turn itself off right in the middle of a pass and theres nothing I've done that helps. I've tried everything ARC has recommended and still have no luck. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?

I've run the 8000 series (roll bar mount) for years... love it. I did have one time in the final round, when I launched everything died. Looked up and realized that the ribbon cable had come loose. Pushed it back in and fired it right back up. I fixed it permanently by remounting the panel so the top pushed up into the headliner. There is no way it's coming loose again. ;)

Jeff

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've run the 8000 series (roll bar mount) for years... love it. I did have one time in the final round, when I launched everything died. Looked up and realized that the ribbon cable had come loose. Pushed it back in and fired it right back up. I fixed it permanently by remounting the panel so the top pushed up into the headliner. There is no way it's coming loose again. ;)

Jeff
I've had that problem also and they recommended to silicone the ribbon cables to the switch panel and relay panel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts