Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys feel about the Alan Johnson with the Al-Anabi Racing funded by the Sheikh Khalid Bin Hamad Al Thani. This guy is jumping into drag racing more every day. Money is certainly no object for him, drag racing could certainly use some new money. But we all know where the money comes from, squeezing America's nuts. Not just Alan Johnson, but Ricky Smith, Shannon Jenkins, Mike Castelanna, and others jumping in as well. Part of me says take the money and run, but part of me says have a little pride and tell them to keep their money. Am i missing the boat?
http://www.nhra.com/content/news/32041.htm
http://fastdoorslammers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1058

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
No rules against towelheads buying up racing... J/K ...
I rather they spend the cash they skin off of us on racing that trying to bomb us ... it does suck that billions in oil revenues are lowering standard of living here and allowing bigger and badder toys over there . It .... just sucks

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
No rules against towelheads buying up racing... J/K ...
I rather they spend the cash they skin off of us on racing that trying to bomb us ... it does suck that billions in oil revenues are lowering standard of living here and allowing bigger and badder toys over there . It .... just sucks

i totally agree-

if their's no money theirs no sport?

so who cares if u ask me

i just wish we had that problem in australia--

Thanks

Nick--

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,929 Posts
i like it..seeing there running adrl shit witch honestly is able to develope more tech vs nhra who has been doing the same shit for the past 20 years.

newer tech only helps everyone out.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i think its pretty cool to be honest with you. remember in the 90's NHRA went over to japan for some match race stuff. maybe we will have to go over to dubai at some point the same thing. just so you know, dubai is an unbelievably beautiful place. check it out on like wikipedia or google.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Me & my partner sold our Outlaw 10.5 camaro last year ,it was on Racing Junk,for less than 2 hrs,got a call from a broker overseas,told him what we wanted,we had the money in 2 days..No B.S..they also wanted a 53ft trailer that a friend of ours was selling ,again no B.S ,no haggling,we delivered the car to a local airport here,they had their own cargo jet from Dubai,waiting there,besides our car ,there was Mike Castellana's Pro Mod Camaro,Pat Musi's GTO & a few others,these guys are the real deal

·
Registered
948 Posts
maybe drag racing will branch out like f1. race schedule will consist of different countries instead of different states.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Me & my partner sold our Outlaw 10.5 camaro last year ,it was on Racing Junk,for less than 2 hrs,got a call from a broker overseas,told him what we wanted,we had the money in 2 days..No B.S..they also wanted a 53ft trailer that a friend of ours was selling ,again no B.S ,no haggling,we delivered the car to a local airport here,they had their own cargo jet from Dubai,waiting there,besides our car ,there was Mike Castellana's Pro Mod Camaro,Pat Musi's GTO & a few others,these guys are the real deal

yes they are-they just dont give a fuck-

which car was your's that u sold ?

Thanks

Nick--

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
i think its pretty cool to be honest with you. remember in the 90's NHRA went over to japan for some match race stuff. maybe we will have to go over to dubai at some point the same thing. just so you know, dubai is an unbelievably beautiful place. check it out on like wikipedia or google.
I'm an hour from there,yes its beautiful,but getting very expensive!

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
How do you guys feel about the Alan Johnson with the Al-Anabi Racing funded by the Sheikh Khalid Bin Hamad Al Thani. This guy is jumping into drag racing more every day. Money is certainly no object for him, drag racing could certainly use some new money. But we all know where the money comes from, squeezing America's nuts. Not just Alan Johnson, but Ricky Smith, Shannon Jenkins, Mike Castelanna, and others jumping in as well. Part of me says take the money and run, but part of me says have a little pride and tell them to keep their money. Am i missing the boat?
http://www.nhra.com/content/news/32041.htm
http://fastdoorslammers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1058
You should be more upset with the US govts. taxes and the station owners price gouging rather than the prince.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Hell money is money, only one certain way to make a small fortune in drag racing:

Start with a huge fortune :)

Those guys have money to burn so why not spend it on drag racing..

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Hhhmmm, wonder if they are interested in Drag Radial ;)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I have seen some cars in KC get sold to the sandjunkies. They love fast cars and are paying top dollar for a few rides. I support it since they are actually spending the cash instead of a bunch of tire kickers

·
Read Only
0 Posts
What goes around comes around

All that money keeps the CNC mills runing, tire companies pressing, cam ginders grinding, and track people scraping. Its all good.
Z

·
The Enemy
22,068 Posts
Coming from owning a station, your a dumba$$ for thinking the stations owns are controlling the price.

kthxbye
Please explain it to me then. When a barrel of oil increases in price by a few dollars the price of gas goes up .25 over night. When the price of a barrel of oil goes down by a couple dollars the price at the pump doesnt go down .25 over night. Why is that? Someone is trying to collect a bit of money.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Please explain it to me then. When a barrel of oil increases in price by a few dollars the price of gas goes up .25 over night. When the price of a barrel of oil goes down by a couple dollars the price at the pump doesnt go down .25 over night. Why is that? Someone is trying to collect a bit of money.
x2000
Speculators drive the price of gas, locals milk it until it happens.
Z

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Guess he hasn't seen the news reports in this happening. Hell, some station owners even admitted to it. Said, "why should I lower my price when the station across the street isn't"....:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 102 Posts