Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Located in NY spoke to my local FFL today, apparently if I purchase one online and take possession before end of month i can be grandfathered for the Cuomo ban.

What brands would you guys recommend? Have been looking at Bushmasters and M&P's also are the carbon fiber ones any good do they hold up? Any help is appreciated Thanks!

·
Confused Racer
40,484 Posts
anyone you can get right now. Your going to pay out the ass for it now. good luck.

Do you need a 223? you can get a ar-15-22 for decent money and it uses ammo you can get

·
Registered
416 Posts
Armalite is a pile.. Rock river is a decent start, stepping up you get into Black Rain Ordnance, Bravo Company, then Wilson Combat, Knights Armament, Larue tactical... How much u wanna spend? Lol

·
Go Fuck Yourself
7,143 Posts
Armalite is a pile.. Rock river is a decent start, stepping up you get into Black Rain Ordnance, Bravo Company, then Wilson Combat, Knights Armament, Larue tactical... How much u wanna spend? Lol
Lol ok then. My ar10t armalite is fine to me but I've never shot any of the high end ones.

·
Registered
879 Posts
there's no .22lr ammo anywhere near me....i just bought a 10/22 for plinking, not because i'm hysterical about "the state of things", and i can't shoot the damn thing because of all the hoarders and tin-foil hat wearers....fml

Any AR you can get your hands on for under $1500 is a good one right now. i'm not a big fan of the ones with polymer receivers. i've shot Colts, Bushmasters, Rugers, and Noveskes. they all hit what i was aiming at and didn't stop working until the mag was empty. a buddy of mine just bought a S&W M&P, haven't shot it yet but it looks nice.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Any good sites for buying online shipping to FFL? Been looking on gunbroker.com
They probably have as many as any right now. Be prepared to pay 70% or more above MSRP since this latest craze started. Ammo is even worse right now,it has taken a 300% jump since November.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
AR snobs make me laugh!:smt082:smt082:smt082

·
Just a Mean Ol' Phucker
21,399 Posts
Stag, DPMS, Rock River are all good ones.....buy what ever the hell you can get a decent deal on. I'm seeing base model M4s going for 1800 bucks or more around here. A good loaded TAC rifle will bring 25-3000 or more! It's fucking insane!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I'm a gun dealer and I handle them/shoot them all the time.. How many different brands have you shot? Much less handled? Dpms and armalite are crap compared to others.. Armalite is on the same quality level as Dpms and way more expensive.. You can get a much nicer peice for the money.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I'm a gun dealer and I handle them/shoot them all the time.. How many different brands have you shot? Much less handled? Dpms and armalite are crap compared to others.. Armalite is on the same quality level as Dpms and way more expensive.. You can get a much nicer peice for the money.
I bought my first one in 79 and have shot and owned many brands. Being a "dealer" though I'll just take your opinion as fact,and sell a couple of my "piles".:p

·
102,312 Posts
I have never heard anyone call Armalite junk until I read this thread. Wow.

·
Long Live The King
102,842 Posts
Have you dealt with Franklin Armory ?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts