Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market to buy a new 10.1 tablet. One tablet that really caught my eye was the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. However alot of people have suggested the iPad.

I can't decide on which tablet I wanna go with. Any first hand experience with Android tablets or the iPad is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Brewmaster
12,612 Posts
I have a Google nexus 10 that I've been very happy with. Just use it around the house and sometimes at work. My buddy has an iPad that he uses a lot for work then of course play at home, he's happy with it. All I've done on it was play a game and browse the net a bit, just don't like apples os and how you navigate through things. I'd say if you have an iPhone, grab an iPad, android phone grab an android tablet.

·
Under Construction
4,026 Posts
Ive had my Ipad for almost two years and love it, the g/f cant put it down either. I have not tried any of the other tablets so I cant help you much with any info/feedback on that. :smt024

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have an iPad and love it. Have no experience with other tablets but I'm sure they're fine. Like another poster said if you have an iPhone get an iPad or Android get one of those tablets.

If you do end up going with an iPad, the new 5th generation one will be coming out in October so it makes sense to wait so you don't end up with a generation old device a couple weeks after buying it.

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,464 Posts
Apple was always the thorn in the side of every open source, developer, expansion type of user.
No expansion slots, Everything locked down, and 2x the cost of the competition........

With that being said, I do like their OS, but I still prefer Android systems.....my son has a 10.1" Galaxy2 tab

Some people cite "Apple is an American company" but they don't make these in the United States.
They also don't pay taxes either since they are HQ'd in Ireland, and incorporated in California. Or vice versa.....I forget.
So on that "Support American" production level, they are equal to Samsung IMO.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Wait about 2 weeks and check out the new Google Nexus 10. It is supposed to be a powerhouse and will probably have the best screen resolution of any tablet. I love the Android/Google ecosystem. If you use Google services (Drive, Calendar, Play store, Keep, etc) then I would highly recommend the Android tablets. As for me, I just don't care for the Samsung overlay, TouchWiz. I just picked up a Nexus 7 tablet and love it. I was very skeptical of the 7 inch tablets but I honestly love it. Easy one handed operation and great screen resolution.

·
time to go racing yet ?
34,831 Posts
we have droid products .... droid cell phones , and a nexus 7 and 10 never any issues with either , VERY happy with all products .

·
U.S. Navy Retired
4,800 Posts
I have both an iPad and a 7" android tablet. I like the android one much better. Way more flexibility to customize the the android tablet, as already mentioned, iPad pretty locked down. I have had no issues with either, it'll come down to personal preference for you, more than likely. Check out the Asus Transformer line of android tablets as well, they're pretty stout tablets.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I switched to all apple after using the iphone. Home and business. I like the simplicity and how everything sync's seamlessly. i do us a stand alone pc for accounting though. Apple keep's things locked so they can maintain control of the end user experience.

I am sure that all options are good. Just depends on personal preference.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait about 2 weeks and check out the new Google Nexus 10. It is supposed to be a powerhouse and will probably have the best screen resolution of any tablet. I love the Android/Google ecosystem. If you use Google services (Drive, Calendar, Play store, Keep, etc) then I would highly recommend the Android tablets. As for me, I just don't care for the Samsung overlay, TouchWiz. I just picked up a Nexus 7 tablet and love it. I was very skeptical of the 7 inch tablets but I honestly love it. Easy one handed operation and great screen resolution.
Yesterday I did a search on Google "Best tablets 2013" and read a review on tablets that said the Nexus 7 was rated #1 for power, functionality and stuff. I almost pulled the trigger but I really want a 10" form factor.

So they are in fact doing a new nexus 10 very soon? Any info on it? I will definitely hold off and get that as long as I'm not waiting forever.

·
Brewmaster
12,612 Posts
What's different with the new nexus 10 vs the current one I have in my hand? Didn't even know there was a new one.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Yesterday I did a search on Google "Best tablets 2013" and read a review on tablets that said the Nexus 7 was rated #1 for power, functionality and stuff. I almost pulled the trigger but I really want a 10" form factor.

So they are in fact doing a new nexus 10 very soon? Any info on it? I will definitely hold off and get that as long as I'm not waiting forever.
Google is supposed to announce the new Nexus 5 phone and Nexus 10 tablet on October 14. It is supposedly being made by Asus, who also made the Nexus 7. It will have an updated snapdragon 800 processor and updated software. It would be a beast. I would also look for it to have more RAM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts