Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
24,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will Apple Really, Really, Really shutter iTunes this time?

Or are threats to have iTunes go dark simple marketing ploys to boost revenue $ and traffic?

Apple Announces the End of iTunes - wmgk.com

WMGK
18 hours ago · May 31, 2019 Apple Announces the End of iTunes. iTunes, Apple's primary software for consuming music and other media for nearly two decades, will officially be discontinued. Per Bloomberg, iTunes …

https://wmgk.com/2019/05/31/apple-ends-itunes/

·
Registered
24,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apple will shut down iTunes, ending the download era ...

Los Angeles Times
8 hours ago · The iTunes store is a dead service walking. On Friday afternoon, social media erupted after Bloomberg News reported that Apple was set to announce the end of its iTunes store, which …

·
Rippin' Gears!
2,691 Posts

Los Angeles Times
8 hours ago · The iTunes store is a dead service walking. On Friday afternoon, social media erupted after Bloomberg News reported that Apple was set to announce the end of its iTunes store, which …
I wonder HOW FUCKING MUCH my ipod BUYOUT will be, with all the Time, and Tunes I Got in 'er??

·
Registered
24,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noted the dates below:

RIP iTunes: Apple will END music downloads in March …
www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article...
Apr 12, 2018 · Apple will begin shutting down iTunes Store music downloads on March 31, 2019., according to industry insiders. They claim a phase-out of the service may help the firm keep up with a subscription ...

#DXCLUSIVE: Apple Denies It's Ending Digital Music ...
hiphopdx.com/news/id.46365/title.apple...
Mar 29, 2018 · Apple Denies Report It's Shutting Down iTunes Music Downloads In 2019. Los Angeles, CA – The internet got hit with a whiff of fake news Thursday (March 29) after reports circulated that Apple was preparing to cease digital downloads for its famed iTunes music application come 2019. After being …
Author: Trent Clark

slimgigs.com/apple-will-shut-down-itunes...
Jun 01, 2019 · June 1, 2019 Apple will shut down iTunes, ending the download era, report says – Los Angeles Times June 1, 2019 Panasonic’s Lumix S1H can shoot 6K video with a full-frame sensor – The Verge June 1, 2019 Rest in Peace, iTunes …

Apple Aiming to End iTunes Music Downloads in Two …
www.macrumors.com/2016/05/11/apple-ending-itunes-music-downloads
May 11, 2016 · Apple allegedly has an aggressive plan to "terminate" music downloads from iTunes within two years, reports Digital Music News citing sources with "close and active business relationships" with ...
Author: Juli Clover

Apple to phase out iTunes music downloads by the …
consequenceofsound.net/2017/12/apple-to-phase-out-itunes-store-by-the...
Dec 15, 2017 · Apple to phase out iTunes music downloads by the beginning of 2019: Report Rapid declines in the number of downloaded songs have prompted the hastened timeline by Dominick Suzanne-Mayer

:smt102

·
Registered
24,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wonder HOW FUCKING MUCH my ipod BUYOUT will be, with all the Time, and Tunes I Got in 'er??
Yes and I often recall the many purchases of same groups/music in different platforms...begining w Vinyl LP's (still have most of original LP collection dating back to the '70's), Mastered Recording Cassettes, VHS, CD's, DVD's, Blue Rays, etc.

Ditched the few 8-Tracks way way back when...and never adapted to Laser Disc, nor ITunes etc downloads FWIW.

Noting the latest w streaming movies/music/etc offers to purchase "owning" digital versions w no Hardcopy...:smt093

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
I think some of this is related to an update that just rolled out. We have an AppleTV device and on the last update, a new app was added, “AppleTV”. I did kind of a double take because I was thinking what does my AppleTV need an AppleTV app. The answer would have been more clear if I had another manufacturer’s device and the AppleTV app appeared on that.

Apple has said it is going to start producing its own streaming material which I assume will be available through the AppleTV app. So maybe what’s leaving iTunes is a lot of the TV shows, movies, concert DVDs, etc. iTunes carries all that stuff, and more, and I don’t think that was the plan. I don’t know. I’ve always thought iTunes was a sort of no-brain money maker for them but I guess nothing lasts.

·
Registered
24,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
24,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Weird as our recently purchased Yamaha RX-A2080 includes Streaming of Spotify, Pandora, Napster, SiriusXM, Tidal, Deezer, but no iTunes support...

·
Registered
24,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Anything branded with the 'i' prefix is part of Apple's shit era. Good riddance.

·
Registered
11,319 Posts
If there are no iTunes how will scammers get money from seniors?
Every local newspaper has a story of a senior told to buy $1000's in iTune gift cards to pay taxes.

·
Registered
112,600 Posts
I use it to purchase albuns. Albums that I had purchased in vinyl, cassette, 8track, CD. in excess of 2000 tunes on my IPhone.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts