Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to see what is available and what works the best when it comes to running an AOD Ford trans. Who`s running what converter and shifter. Please tell me there`s something better than a B&M Hammer shifter. Going in a foxbody Mustang that is mainly a streetcar/DD with a Coast HP 363 with 205 AFRs and a .579 lift 242 deg @.050 hyd roller. Any info would be appreciated, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
There's a guy on Long Island that's real good with AOD's. The problem is, I can't remember his shop's name. Perhaps someone on here will know who I'm referring to.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I knew a guy that used a Lentech unit in his fox... It made well over 1000RWHP and he would cruise it everywhere... Even made the trip from the Triad NC to mustang week in Myrtle Beach

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Is it Lugo's or something like that?
Freddy Brown
I wish I could remember guys. :(

All I remember was that this guy really knew his shit when it came to AOD's. He'll even build them with a Chevy bolt pattern. If that tells you guys anything more.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I am putting a built AOD w/ Lentech VB in mine soon. From what I have seen / heard / read buying one from Lentech isnt always a great deal as your charged a whole bunch for NOT alot of mods in the trans itself. I cant say that is the case 100% sure but ive heard it from several folks. The vb's are supposed to be jam up and easy to use so I am having my local guy (Dave Swim...close enough to you give a call atleast 843-347-1320) and then going to have him build be a billet cover convertor for it.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, Lentech has some awesome trans, just looking something closer to home. Looking at getting one built basically the same as the lentech with no lock up converter and the good parts in it. anyone with any shifter ideas? or converter recomendations?

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Im going to let Dave build me a convertor because he's local to me. For you, I'd call Lenny at UCC for a convertor. Or maybe even the whole trans. I dont know if they do that or not but they are in Cornelius.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Check out clickclickracing.com Dan (silverfox) really knows the AOD. I'm fairly sure that I remember him saying that you can use a C4 shifter on an AOD as long as you have OD on a switch.

·
Registered
82 Posts
^This.

I ran a DIY AOD/4r70w hybrid with a PTC converter and C4 Hurst Quarter Stick. I used Dan's VB with a brake and OD lock out. He put together a rebuild kit and I slapped it together accordingly. The AOD worked great and the guy who's running it now says it's still running just as well.

Set up was an 80mm 357w running 12psi. I ran it up to 15-16psi on the street a few times trying to figure out the boost controller. By online calculators, I was somewhere around 650-700 to the tires at 11psi.

I'd hit up Dan for sure. Great guy to work with.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts