Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37,563 Posts
I hope the good people of Australia respect such days more than the far left does here in the States.

Hats off to your people that served and died for your country.

·
Registered
17,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dawn Services are an important part of the remembrance of our fallen, every town (large and small) generally has a dawn service. I went to ours this morning at 6.00am with my son in law and 12 yo grandson. My 9 yo granddaughter marched with her scout group with the returned servicemen. Both are marching at another service at 11.00 am

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Dawn Services are an important part of the remembrance of our fallen, every town (large and small) generally has a dawn service. I went to ours this morning at 6.00am with my son in law and 12 yo grandson. My 9 yo granddaughter marched with her scout group with the returned servicemen. Both are marching at another service at 11.00 am
That's GREAT!...

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Showing your big brother bias there Trev....'ANZAC' stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps......don't forget to remember your fallen kiwi mates as well....

·
Registered
17,572 Posts
the Australian military ALWAYS answered the call and fought bravely when the USA asked. My WW2 vet Uncle (RIP) said there was no soldier
who wanted to fight more than than the Australian soldier. Much respect to your troops

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I'm an amateur student of history, and I wonder how many in the US realize how much Australia contributed to WWII. Hats off to you guys.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Thinking of you Aussies today too, Trev.

Sadly, our NZ Government has recommended (for security reasons) that some of our Anzac Day commemorations be canned. Its bullshit really, as those who went into battle didnt get to stay home some days because there was an enemy out there.

·
Registered
11,332 Posts
An important holiday like that should never be cancelled. Foul weather, politics or millions of immigrants from the enemies side , that doesn't matter.

A lot of commonwealth countries sacrificed a lot in wars. Australia, New Zealand, here in Canada and more.

·
Registered
17,572 Posts
Thinking of you Aussies today too, Trev.

Sadly, our NZ Government has recommended (for security reasons) that some of our Anzac Day commemorations be canned. Its bullshit really, as those who went into battle didnt get to stay home some days because there was an enemy out there.
WOW, you people need to elect a new Government. IMO canning just one commemoration is a slap in the face to all who served and put their life on the line for your country. Like you said, they did not "get to stay home" nor would they have wanted to stay home cause there enemies of the country out in the streets, , your government just handed your enemies a victory. Not picking on you guys, there are many in our government who would love to skip our Memorial day cause I am sure it is offensive to some of our enemies who happen to be some of the same enemies you have.

·
Registered
711 Posts
WOW, you people need to elect a new Government. IMO canning just one commemoration is a slap in the face to all who served and put their life on the line for your country. Like you said, they did not "get to stay home" nor would they have wanted to stay home cause there enemies of the country out in the streets, , your government just handed your enemies a victory. Not picking on you guys, there are many in our government who would love to skip our Memorial day cause I am sure it is offensive to some of our enemies who happen to be some of the same enemies you have.
Within a month we lost the rite to semi auto weapons and they are trying to censure social media, plus have put in place special immigration visas to all involved with Christchurch. Went to my local dawn service, there was no rifle volleys and black powder cannon which are normally there. The old Diggers would be spinning in there graves...
Lest We Forget..
Mark.

·
Banksters Paradise
7,816 Posts
Within a month we lost the rite to semi auto weapons and they are trying to censure social media
How convenient.

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
awesome trev,i worked with some of your sailers when I was stationed in danang in '71-early '72.absolute funnest blokes I ever been around.much respect brother:cool:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts