Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a new 2014 jeep wrangler unlimited for the misses dealer has on their lot.. They don't want to knock but $200.00 off the sticker price! Is this normal or are they just being dicks?

Thanks, bryan

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Jeeps don't get discounted much. I saw Sussex Jeep (NJ) had Rubicon discounted from $41k to $36 last week.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What part of pa are you in? I used to work for Dambrosios Dodge/jeep for many years. left and now at chevy but I have lots of friends at dodge that will give you a good deal.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I'm trying to remember what the Owner of our Business(s) told me-he told me Jeeps have the lowest mark-up of anything that we sell (as I recall, something along the lines of $4-600)-not much there to work with-

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What part of pa are you in? I used to work for Dambrosios Dodge/jeep for many years. left and now at chevy but I have lots of friends at dodge that will give you a good deal.
Between western and central pa.. Johnstown to be exact. Thanks

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,518 Posts
are jeeps still junk like they used to be ? not knocking them becuase i like them and had a wrangler yrs ago ... but man was it junk .

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
are jeeps still junk like they used to be ? not knocking them becuase i like them and had a wrangler yrs ago ... but man was it junk .

My theory on Jeeps is:

If you own one a yr and have no problems it may last a lifetime.

If it breaks in the 1st yr it will break at least once a month for the rest of your life.

I had a 01 Sahara and liked it. It did get old quick as a daily and I would recommend a Jeep only as a 2nd vehicle.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My theory on Jeeps is:

If it breaks in the 1st yr it will break at least once a month for the rest of your life.

I had a 01 Sahara and liked it. It did get old quick as a daily and I would recommend a Jeep only as a 2nd vehicle.
I've also had a few in my live from cj5's to grand Cherokees! The wrangler unlimiteds seem nice to me! The wife only drives about 10,000 miles a year

·
Registered
12,976 Posts
It sucks that you are out that far, but it might be worth giving it a try.

I went to 5 dealers, 4 of which wouldn't budge at all on the 2013 GC a couple years ago. Barbera in Philadelphia took off over $5000 from the sticker, and a lot of that almost instantly. They were the ONLY one willing to play ball.

(and no problems on the GC, Sep. will be two full years)

·
Board certified
19,639 Posts
My theory on Jeeps is:

I love the shit out of mine.....2013 Unliimited....not one single problem in 14 months.......averages 20.5 to 21.5 mpg..V6 auto... Third jeep I've owned and never a problem with any of them...... I got $1300. off the sticker price of this one.......bought it June 2013.....

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Shop it!

200 bucks is nothing even if mark-up isn't much. There are dealers out there that sell below cost. Why? Because they make it up on year-end manufacturer's kick-backs.

Do an interweb search of the exact same vehicle. Even if you find the best deal in a place like Texas, that dealer may even pay to fly you in just to make the deal.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Last july my lovely wife decided she wanted a new 4dr wrangler. And it had to be gecho pearlcoat aka lime green. I searched from maine to the missisippi river! Found the perfect jeep at pinebelt jeep in lakewood n.j. Ron rogers jr helped me do the deal over the phone and with my credit union. We left boston at 5am in a rental maxima with all the paperwork and plates. Got back to boston 12 hours later with a lime green fucking jeep:rolleyes::rolleyes: Pine belt gave me 2800 off of sticker and did a lot of legwork to get the deal done. When i need a new chevy truck i will call them first. Ask for ron and he may remember darrell from boston. We bought the jeep on 7-27-13. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
2015 are out already....give them another few weeks and they will be calling you every two days.

They sure did ruin the memory of the CJ Renegade with that '15 contraption with same name.

PS: on the Wrangler Forum earlier I read posts re: new '15's bought.....very sharp looking Wranglers.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
It's just a sport with some package options on it..

Those are AEV wheels, have them take those off and put a set of stockers on that you like, and that will take a grand off from where it is now. Those tires are aftermarket and they aren't to bad. They wear like iron (I had over 30k on mine and who knows how many before I bought it), don't do to bad in the rain, but they are dangerous on ice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts